How do I set the search bar at the top in safari to search in UK google not US

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Windsor-Jones, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Windsor-Jones macrumors newbie

Hey Please can you help answer the above question as I am very new to mac!! P.S. I am loving it so far!! so much better than error ridden windows

2. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

A question to your question: do you want Safari to open with the Google UK page?

With most of my tuition clients I advise them to use a blank starter page in whatever browser they use, and to set their Google page at or near the top of their Bookmarks.

Thus, I've opened a new Tab in Firefox (you can do likewise in Safari - or use FFox instead) and typed in http://www.google.co.uk. I'm presented with a blank Google UK page. I then bookmark that page with Cmd-D. I can arrange the Bookmarks folder later, to set that UK link near the top of the list, or into the Safari menu bar.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

^ No there's a simpler solution than that. I forget the name but there is a hack to get it Safari searching Google from a selection of regions. It was ace and I'd like to know what it was called so I can get back to it.

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I use a plugin called Glims, and set the suggested source (for searching) to Google UK