Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
When I've got the Active Directory service active, no Macs appear in the Finder Network. When I turn AD off, they all appear. My Mac is still visible on the other computers tho (they're not running AD services)

Is there anyway to make them show when AD services is running?

thanks

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Open /Applicaltions/Utilities/Directory Access and then click on Samba (or SMB) and click configure. Put your Mac on the same workgroup as the PCs.

StevieStets

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2004
YourMac.local

Sorry about your difficulties with Active Directory, but some 2003 servers will append the suffix *.local at the end of the DNS for intranet sites. This will cause difficulties with Rendezvous, and most administrators who are aware of this conflict will opt to not use *.local during the setup (they are given the open ended decision on what to use since it is their intranet and few words are reserved). All the SMB configuration in the world will not change this, this is done on the AD server configuration end.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
7on said:
Open /Applicaltions/Utilities/Directory Access and then click on Samba (or SMB) and click configure. Put your Mac on the same workgroup as the PCs.

hmm thanx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.