How do I stop Apps from syncing on iTunes? ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmeisenzahl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

We have a Windows iTunes machine. Three different iPod Touches via the kids, and I have an iPhone 4S. Just bought my wife an iPhone 4 last night and connected it to iTunes for the first time. It immediately filled up all the remaining space with every App that the rest of us have ever downloaded.

I spent the next half hour manually removing about 200 Apps from her phone. How can I prevent this? I set (I think anyway) her phone to backup to iCloud. And I think I have it set so that I manually manage songs. But how do I prevent iTunes from blasting every App ever downloaded to the phone?

Thanks very much in advance,
    Chris

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

When the phone is connected, click on apps in iTunes. Uncheck "automatically sync new apps."

Also, from the phone itself, click on settings, store, turn apps to off (automatic downloads).

3. cmeisenzahl thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahh, that makes sense, thanks!

4. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

I'll get flamed for this but the app management in iTunes is very poor, specially if you have multiple devices. And no, saying that Androids is worse doesn't make iTunes better.

If you have the "automatically sync new apps" unchecked then you have to either write down what new apps you just downloaded and then sort the list of apps to find them, or you have to scroll through a potentially large list of apps, hopping to find what you just downloaded from the store. :mad:

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I agree