How do I transfer a folder that has 30 songs (TRANCE MIX) to Itunes without spreading

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by VeNoMiZeD, Jul 23, 2010.

1. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

So I'm trying to transfer a folder that has about 30 songs (Trance Mix) and when I do so it spreads all 30 songs into separate files. I want to keep it as an album and DL a pic for a album cover and call it (TRANCE MIX). How can I do this? I've tried twice and had to manually delete each file from Itunes. Thanks!

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

Hmm, iTunes doesn't break tracks up into smaller files. I bet if you look in the folder that you're importing, there are 30 separate files.

Import the 30 separate files into iTunes. I don't remember exactly how, but you can select the 30 tracks, right-click, Get Info, and edit many of the attributes en masse. For example, if you drag a picture into the Album Art area, it's going to update all 30 tracks to have the same album art.

I think if you read the following troubleshooting guide, you'll find a way to make all 30 tracks appear in iTunes as being from the same album, which is what it sounds like you're looking to do:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1468