How do i transfer the contents of an app from my ipod touch to my iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pob75, Oct 6, 2010.

1. pob75 macrumors newbie

i use iwatchr on my ipod touch and my husband has bought me an iphone so i want to transfer all the info over so i can sell my touch but when i sync my iphone iwatchr moves over but not the content?

i hope this makes sense.

thank you:eek:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The iPod Touch backup has that info. You have to restore from its backup.

3. pob75 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i am completely thick when it comes to all things apple, what do i have to do?

4. cchaput09 macrumors newbie

If you plug your new iPhone into the same computer that your ipod touch is used with, (as long as your ipod touch has been synced recently) it will ask you if you want to restore your iphone from your ipod's backup. Click yes and it will take all of the settings and apps from your ipod touch and sync them to your iphone.

5. pob75 thread starter macrumors newbie

evening,

mmmmm just did this and nothing came up on the screen

6. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

Probably because you've already synced the iPhone. Follow these instructions under "Restoring your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" to restore the iPhone from the Touch backup:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

This will copy all the apps, contacts, settings, etc. from the Touch. But, be aware that you'll lose any changes you've made to the iPhone since you've had it. A lot of apps have a way of backing up or exporting their data. Maybe the app you're using can do that. That might be easier than restoring the phone.