Resolved How do I turn off push notifications?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stonyboys, Oct 27, 2012.

1. stonyboys, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

stonyboys macrumors 6502

Hey guys I'm wondering how I turn off push notifications for apps that I no longer want push notifications for? I went settings>notifications and turned the apps' notification centre slider to off but im still getting push notifications as banners on the top of the screen, they just arent visible when i pull down the centre. On initial app startup i chose to receive push notifcations but i cant find where to turn them off now. Is there a way or do i have to uninstall app and reinstall?

2. Beeplance macrumors 68000

Beeplance

Yes, besides turning it off, you have to shift the option from "banners" to "none". Also turn off the lockscreen, preview & sounds option to completely eradicate any push notifications coming through. Sliding "notification centre" to off only makes it not appear in the centre, however it still comes through.

3. stonyboys thread starter macrumors 6502

But I want to actually turn them off to save battery, not just to make it seem like they are off. I actually want and enjoy them but because im having battery issues i have to turn them off.

4. Beeplance macrumors 68000

Beeplance

Yes that's right. The above steps ensures they're completely off. Turning off in the notification centre, the notifications will still come through, so if you do want to save battery, it's better to take the above steps & remove them completely.

5. stonyboys thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh okay I see, i thought the above steps just hides them and *pretends* that they're off. Thanks for your help!