How do I view the ful size of thumbnail picture on the ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by veteq, Apr 26, 2010.

1. veteq macrumors member

Maybe it's me but I am having problems displaying pictures on the ipad.
    Many of the sites I go to (forums), pictures are shown in the thumbnail format and in order to view the picture I must "click" the thumbnail first. When I do this on the ipad, I need to scroll to the top of the page to view the picture, only have the image automatically disappears less than 2 seconds later. I am guessing the image disappears because I had to touch the screen in order to scroll to the top.

(exampe of the thumbnails I am referring to on the second post)
    [​IMG]

what am I missing

2. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

I am fairly sure that is just the file hosting site used to put the pictures up.
    Have you tried looking at the same page on your computer?

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Sites use all sorts of pop-up tricks with photos. It's more than likely that one uses flash for theirs. Safari can't cope.

4. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

Actually now that I look at it, they are just standard vBulletin attachments. I don't know why they would be showing up like that.

5. veteq thread starter macrumors member

This is only an example, there are other sites. They all seem to display fine on the computer. I don't believe flash is involved in the displaying of images, they do display but for only a second or so.

6. diabolic macrumors 68000

I'd shoot them an email, if only to let them know what you are seeing, whether it makes any difference or not. I've been trying to do that on any site where I encounter a problem on the iPad.