Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DGill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2008
i got a mac book pro i just wanted to know how do i get my movies on my laptop to show on my tv what cord do i need

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
well you posted in the desktop forum yet are asking about a laptop so if:
1.) you are using a macbook, get a mini-dvi to (hdmi, component) whatever your tv will accept and also you'll need an audio (2.5mm headphone like) cable that splits to rca's.

2.) you are using a macbook pro, get a dvi to (hdmi, component) and the audio cable.

ihatedbags

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2010
ugh

Dear I3eXa,
For the record you don't have to be a dbag to answer his/her question.
Not all people know how to use these forums and quite frankly, you people who treat us "improper posters" like idiots should step out into the daylight from time to time.
Please use sympathy for the inexperienced users because you were there at one point too.

Love,
Daniel

Munix88

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
Dear ihatedbags,

First I thought you should know it's adorable that you made a brand new user name to reflect your frustrations ("Love, Daniel" = D(aniel)Gill, same person?). Second, if you think "well you posted in the desktop forum yet are asking about a laptop so if:" is considered being a d*****bag (or more appropriately, rude) then you should strongly consider exiting the internet and rewrite your frail concept of social interaction until you can handle the big bad world.

I3eXa first sentence merely recognizes in a brief manner the fact that the question was in the WRONG forum (Mac Pro or Mac Book Pro, hmmm blame Apple for that one) and re-affirms the fact that DGill's post was in fact about a laptop. Not only this BUT he/she proceeded to answer the question, a key and yet fully unrecognized component of the reply.

On topic: yes DGill you need exactly what I3eXa already said and you can probably find all those things on Newegg.com . Good day.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Dear ihatedbags,

First I thought you should know it's adorable that you made a brand new user name to reflect your frustrations ("Love, Daniel" = D(aniel)Gill, same person?).
What's even funnier is that he replied to something two years old.

I3eXa

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2004
IdaPIMP
wow talk about bringing a thread back from the dead eh?
ihatedbags - wtf?? I was in no way a 'dbag' I was clarifying a question but I assume that didn't cross your little mind. Hey, maybe you can post up again on this thread in 2 years with another senseless comeback

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.