How do movies/gaming look on the ANTI-GLARE 15" MBP 2012?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by curtisvadnais, Nov 4, 2012.

1. curtisvadnais macrumors newbie

No one has answered this. How does it look? People say if you like using the web, email, and watching movies, go for glossy. If you are a professional or use your MBP for work, go with anti-glare. But I am BOTH. I do Photoshop, website editing, movie watching, and internet. I do everything with my laptop so it isn't a "one or the other depending on the person" situation. How do movies look on anti-glare? Do you see true color? Are the blacks too washed out? Does the silver bezel distract you when watching a film or gaming? I ordered both and I used a glossy before, I do see reflections but I love how the colors pop. Then again, are the vibrant, popping colors, deep blacks really worth it if you face is constantly in them all the time? Thoughts, please!

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

In my experience, the difference in colour is barely noticeable unless comparing side by side.

I never found the bezel distracting, and you won't see glare (obviously).

Other than that, it's juts a good ol' Macbook Pro screen and it shouldn't really disappoint.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You need to see it for yourself and decide for yourself. Guidelines aren't very useful unless they happen to exactly jive with your preferences. It's impossible to determine what your preferences will be based on a forum post.

All subjective matters. There are no one-size-fits-all answers for the questions you're asking. I have no problems with my AG screen or the silver bezel. Others do. Again, it's impossible to determine where your preferences lie based on what you've provided.

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I personally prefer AG for movies and games. Those often display very dark content when even some normal lighting will show really annoying reflections. Especially with this dark content AG is so much better imo.

IMO glossy is never worth it. In direct comparison with the right content and lighting it is slightly better. Without the comparison glossy is a lot of time just annoying and never really better at anything.
    Matte is 100% of the time great. Glossy is 60% annoying, 30 % bearable and 10% slightly better. The color pop difference is something you don't really notice once you stop comparing them directly. Glare is something that can keep annoying you all the time especially with all the dark or black content in movies and 1st person shooters. Brightness is just useless when you display black or very dark content.