How do u charge plus listen to music in bed at night when u wanna fall asleep?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Danjrel, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Danjrel macrumors regular

seems like a complex task. U charge or listen. But charge and listen u can't unless u get adapter from amazon and then u gotta wait for shipping. Just saying. Have phone at 100 at night tolisten at bed time right

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

1. No music
    2. Wireless earbuds
    3. Wireless headphones
    4. First world problems are fun

3. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

Dock
    Adapters
    Wireless
    Stop complaining, a lot of us miss it yes but geez.

4. Danjrel thread starter macrumors regular

Give apple more $$$$. I see how that works lol. Apple is really smart. They have apps. Music. And everything to buy and help them out. But we get new unnesacary problems. Lol

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Nothing I mentioned is Apple specific. Return your phone and get a 6s then

6. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Getting to be a rather old complaint. Time to move on, as their are solutions. In any case here is some cheese to go along with the ..........

IMG_2527.JPG

7. Danjrel thread starter macrumors regular

Can u guys place links lol

What's good for my no issue issue.

I love my 7 except that

8. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

Get a wireless headset (you can get cheap sets from Amazon etc) buy an 3rd party adaptor or play through the speakers, probably not wise to wear a wired headset when sleeping anyway.

9. HEK, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

10. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

Can I hook up wireless ears to a notebook in the room and listen that way? But then the ears run out of battery...

Maybe buy a 90s style stereo with a cd deck and speakers and use that. I loved that thing in high school

11. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

Plantronics backbeat fit are good if you want water resistant headset, works even in the shower

Jay bird x2 are good if you want that immersive sound

Both give about 8hrs

If you want longer life and hate charging as much the altec Lansing mzx856 sport a 20hr battery life..

Bose qc35 are great if you want ANC and have some money aside.

I own all of the above and that's my experiences.

12. Danjrel thread starter macrumors regular

Thnx bro

13. bizack macrumors 6502

Most underrated product on Amazon for this very problem: https://www.amazon.com/Jumbl-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Streaming-Receiver/dp/B00UUDZSKE/

There's a bunch of other companies that rebrand and sell these, but Jumbl were the original.

14. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

Bose BT speakers. Can't relax and fall asleep with those wireless earbuds on my ear. I sleep sideways.

15. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Lots of clock radios available with USB ports or even Lightning connectors built-in.
    iHome, Sony, Panasonic.
    You plug in or dock your phone and it charges while also playing music.

16. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Although I want to say having a better sleep is more important, I would use a pair of simple EarPods to listen while ready to sleep. Doing this I would not bother others living in the same house or room.

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

18. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

It's a question, not a complaint. But even if it is, it's a justified one.
    It's not like Apple offers an affordable solution..
    It's not like in the older phones this wasn't occurring..
    It's not like this is how we use our phones, they compliment our lives. The 7 kinda requests us to compliment it instead.

Sorry that those who use their phones constantly in their daily lives notice the issues these new updates bring end up with questions on a forum about apple hardware/software .. vs how you might use your phone.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 22, 2016 ---
    And then in the middle of the night the bluetooth loses connection or the battery dies (because trust me, they dont last that long) and your speaker starts blaring at whatever the previous speaker volume setting was set to.

19. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

I would recommend using the speaker on the iPhone. Falling asleep with wired headphones on is very uncomfortable and dangerous.

20. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

What kind of fool would be still listening to music 5 hours after you fell asleep anyway?

how would you know how long they last? all reviewers have said it lasts abit longer than the 5 hours it is projected to last. plus an extra 3 hours when it's charged in the box.

21. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

A fool that falls asleep with headphones in ? and that sleeps longer than 5 hours ?
    You don't have to judge people who use their phone for whatever reason they use it though ..

22. Danjrel thread starter macrumors regular

Apple will make their own Bluetooth like they did with NFC for only Apple Pay. Be the next big thing. Gotta pair with mfi only

23. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Point is you wouldn't be awake by that time for it to matter if the music was still playing

I certainly wouldn't want to want to fall asleep with music playing anyway. Would be more likely to randomly wake up in the night with earphones on. Wouldn't want that personally

24. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

Never used phone speakers to listen to things. I have surround sound in both my rooms and if i listen to anything its over airplay to my Apple TV. Ill use a rain/mood app to airplay and listen to the rain while going to sleep. Much better on surround sound too.
    I think i was maybe doing this 5-7 years ago before i had an Appletv and surround sound in my bedroom. Get real speakers..

25. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The Apple dock has a headphone jack on it or check amazon there are plenty of adaptors that add a headphone and lightning port