Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
seems like a complex task. U charge or listen. But charge and listen u can't unless u get adapter from amazon and then u gotta wait for shipping. Just saying. Have phone at 100 at night tolisten at bed time right

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Give apple more $$$$. I see how that works lol. Apple is really smart. They have apps. Music. And everything to buy and help them out. But we get new unnesacary problems. Lol

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Getting to be a rather old complaint. Time to move on, as their are solutions. In any case here is some cheese to go along with the ..........

IMG_2527.JPG

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Can u guys place links lol

What's good for my no issue issue.

I love my 7 except that

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
Get a wireless headset (you can get cheap sets from Amazon etc) buy an 3rd party adaptor or play through the speakers, probably not wise to wear a wired headset when sleeping anyway.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Last edited:

Subwaymac

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
Illinois
Can I hook up wireless ears to a notebook in the room and listen that way? But then the ears run out of battery...

Maybe buy a 90s style stereo with a cd deck and speakers and use that. I loved that thing in high school

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
Plantronics backbeat fit are good if you want water resistant headset, works even in the shower

Jay bird x2 are good if you want that immersive sound

Both give about 8hrs

If you want longer life and hate charging as much the altec Lansing mzx856 sport a 20hr battery life..

Bose qc35 are great if you want ANC and have some money aside.

I own all of the above and that's my experiences.

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Plantronics backbeat fit are good if you want water resistant headset, works even in the shower

Jay bird x2 are good if you want that immersive sound

Both give about 8hrs

If you want longer life and hate charging as much the altec Lansing mzx856 sport a 20hr battery life..

Bose qc35 are great if you want ANC and have some money aside.

I own all of the above and that's my experiences.
Thnx bro

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Lots of clock radios available with USB ports or even Lightning connectors built-in.
iHome, Sony, Panasonic.
You plug in or dock your phone and it charges while also playing music.

Reactions: Mike5254

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Although I want to say having a better sleep is more important, I would use a pair of simple EarPods to listen while ready to sleep. Doing this I would not bother others living in the same house or room.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Dock
Adapters
Wireless
Stop complaining, a lot of us miss it yes but geez.

It's a question, not a complaint. But even if it is, it's a justified one.
It's not like Apple offers an affordable solution..
It's not like in the older phones this wasn't occurring..
It's not like this is how we use our phones, they compliment our lives. The 7 kinda requests us to compliment it instead.

Sorry that those who use their phones constantly in their daily lives notice the issues these new updates bring end up with questions on a forum about apple hardware/software .. vs how you might use your phone.
[doublepost=1477200997][/doublepost]
soon enough? Airpods
And then in the middle of the night the bluetooth loses connection or the battery dies (because trust me, they dont last that long) and your speaker starts blaring at whatever the previous speaker volume setting was set to.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
It's a question, not a complaint. But even if it is, it's a justified one.
It's not like Apple offers an affordable solution..
It's not like in the older phones this wasn't occurring..
It's not like this is how we use our phones, they compliment our lives. The 7 kinda requests us to compliment it instead.

Sorry that those who use their phones constantly in their daily lives notice the issues these new updates bring end up with questions on a forum about apple hardware/software .. vs how you might use your phone.
[doublepost=1477200997][/doublepost]
And then in the middle of the night the bluetooth loses connection or the battery dies (because trust me, they dont last that long) and your speaker starts blaring at whatever the previous speaker volume setting was set to.
What kind of fool would be still listening to music 5 hours after you fell asleep anyway?

how would you know how long they last? all reviewers have said it lasts abit longer than the 5 hours it is projected to last. plus an extra 3 hours when it's charged in the box.

Danjrel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Apple will make their own Bluetooth like they did with NFC for only Apple Pay. Be the next big thing. Gotta pair with mfi only

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
A fool that falls asleep with headphones in ? and that sleeps longer than 5 hours ?
You don't have to judge people who use their phone for whatever reason they use it though ..

Point is you wouldn't be awake by that time for it to matter if the music was still playing

I certainly wouldn't want to want to fall asleep with music playing anyway. Would be more likely to randomly wake up in the night with earphones on. Wouldn't want that personally

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Never used phone speakers to listen to things. I have surround sound in both my rooms and if i listen to anything its over airplay to my Apple TV. Ill use a rain/mood app to airplay and listen to the rain while going to sleep. Much better on surround sound too.
I think i was maybe doing this 5-7 years ago before i had an Appletv and surround sound in my bedroom. Get real speakers..

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
The Apple dock has a headphone jack on it or check amazon there are plenty of adaptors that add a headphone and lightning port

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.