How do you aim to acquire the next-gen iPhone?

What's your preference to obtaining the next-gen iPhone?

• Pre-Order Online

Votes: 59 60.8%
  • Buy in-store on Launch day

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Buy through your network operator

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Buy a second-hand iPhone in so many months time

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters

AlexanderTT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Says it all in the title really.

Just wondering what everyone's preference is to obtaining their brand new iPhone whether it be Pre-Ordering online, buying in-store on launch day, through their network operator and so on...

A little poll added on as well with the choices above and others.

But mainly, I want to know WHY you chose the way you get your iPhone, whether it be a specific reason or just personal preference, just say.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Says it all in the title really.

Just wondering what everyone's preference is to obtaining their brand new iPhone whether it be Pre-Ordering online, buying in-store on launch day, through their network operator and so on...

A little poll added on as well with the choices above and others.

But mainly, I want to know WHY you chose the way you get your iPhone, whether it be a specific reason or just personal preference, just say.
I'm going to try pre ordering it, hopefully I'll be able to, and I'm starting a new 2 year and buying out the contract I'm on now.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
Asking a question as to whether getting it from Apple opposed to a Carrier is a conversation to have in which place is better, but just because someone is curious is questionable. My question would be, what are you going to do with this Poll after its over ? ;)

djransom

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I'll upgrade when my lines they're eligible for upgrades in October. I'll more than likely hit the Apple store when that time comes.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
For the people who have pre-ordered the iPhone 4 or 4S online for shipping... When did it actually arrive at your house?

On launch day? A day before (like some have seen)? A day after? The Monday after? Tuesday after?

Thanks.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Five finger discount... :D

I kid, I kid. I will either sell 4S and pay the difference or wait until iPhone 2013.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
For the people who have pre-ordered the iPhone 4 or 4S online for shipping... When did it actually arrive at your house?

On launch day? A day before (like some have seen)? A day after? The Monday after? Tuesday after?

Thanks.
Yes

walds11

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2010
Philly, PA
The 4 arrived the day before the official launch day. The 3GS arrived on launch day. I was an idiot and did not preorder the 4S. I reserved one and waited in line for a few hours. I don't want make the same mistake with the new iPhone. I am preordering it as soon as I can.

Thanks.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
With my iPhone 4 I picked it up at my local Vodafone store, but I got one of the last ones. I will probably go and pick it up at an Apple Store as I assume they will get a much larger delivery, but I have a few questions.

What are stock levels like at Apple stores on launch day? If I show up pretty early in the morning are my chances of getting one pretty good?

And I know Apple used to take reservations online for in-store pick up but am I right in saying they scrapped that with the launch of the 4S (in the UK)?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
How do you aim to acquire the next-gen iPhone?

I don't ... tiny screen, same featureless design, Apple can do better.

But they're not about to, it's time to rest on their laurels and do some serious profit taking...WooooHoooo :D

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2012
After preordering the iPad 3 on apple.com I think that's the way to go. The new iPad arrived the morning of the release at about 8:30 am. Its much easier than waiting in line.

Cricketman

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Thinking of buying at the AT&T store to see if I can get the activation fee waived like last time.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Fast Food Clerk: "Would you like Fries or Tater Tots?"

You: "Yes"

Fast Food Clerk: "Which one?"

The 4 arrived the day before the official launch day. The 3GS arrived on launch day. I was an idiot and did not preorder the 4S. I reserved one and waited in line for a few hours. I don't want make the same mistake with the new iPhone. I am preordering it as soon as I can.
Thanks.

I pre ordered the iPhone 4 for in store pick up... That was a mistake. I will not be doing that again either.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Be getting my in January when I get my upgrade. Can't wait. I am jumping from a iPhone 4. So hoping that the new phone has 4G!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
... tiny screen, same featureless design, Apple can do better.

But they're not about to, it's time to rest on their laurels and do some serious profit taking...WooooHoooo :D
*yawn*

Same old song & dance with nothing new to say or add to the discussion, huh?

Does it not get boring to write over & over again? B/c it sure is boring to read.