How do you display the number a text message has been sent from, not the senders name

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by berno, Nov 19, 2011.

1. berno macrumors member

I have two numbers stored under one name.

When i receive a text from that person, it displays the name of the person, but not the number, therefore I can`t tell which phone the person has used out of the two phone numbers that are stored in their contact entry.

I would like to be able to differentiate between the two.

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I had this when my daughter changed her phone number and it was in the contacts list under her name highlighted in a blue colour and started with +44 at start of new number.I hope that helps:confused:

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Two different entries in your address book is the easiest way to text to two different addresses, however you can start in the address book and press Send Message then chose a number from multiple numbers in one entry.

From within Messages, select the Contact button on top to see how that message was sent.

4. berno thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

@thewitt: I don't really want to create two address book entries for the same person. I just need to know which number the message was sent from.

@stormchaser: Thanks for the pointer. I did notice that one telephone number was highlighted in blue, so I assume that would be the number the message was sent from.

Thanks again.