How do you find the size/display of the iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheKevinFang, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TheKevinFang macrumors member

Too big, or too small for your liking?

4.7'' seems to be lower than the "sweet spot" for Android phones, while it may be too large for those used to an iPhone 4 etc.

So, thoughts?

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

Coming from a 5 I find it just right. I do have big hands though. My wifes 6+ is just too big but she came from a 4 and she loves it.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ideally, I'd like a 5" screen. I have a 6 Plus which I find a little too big, but I love the battery life.

4. TheKevinFang thread starter macrumors member

Haha, each to their own. I have average/small hands, and I found a 5.2'' screen to be nearly perfect, but ever so slightly big. May jump on the 4.7'' bandwagon.

5. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

Using the 6 in my household from time to time, somehow I find it to occupy an uncomfortable middle ground: "too big" for a small phone, and too small to really see the advantages that come with a "big screen" size. Maybe I'd feel differently if I used it every day. But I'm always happy to put it down and return to my 5c... and on the other hand, when I visit an Apple Store, the 6+ is the model I always want to play with (not sure if I'd like owning that size, though!).

6. sartrekid macrumors 6502

I prefer bigger screens in general. I have an iPhone 4S which is too small for media consumption but wonderful making and receiving calls. For everything else I use a 6" Sony Xperia Ultra which I find just a tiny bit too big for comfort in some use cases and perfect for media consumption. So, if I were to use just a single phone for everything, then I'd opt for a 5.5"-5.7" phone, a size that I'll be going for in my next phone purchase.

7. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

I couldn't stand it at first naked. Put the apple leather case on it and I love it. It was just way too slippery but now it feels great in hand. At first it feels big but now I don't even notice it unless I go back to the 5.

8. ajcgn macrumors regular

ajcgn

I like how the 4s fits in my hand and pocket, the 6 can feel a little bulky

but I much prefer the bigger screen of the 6 for looking at, so much so that I make less use of my iPad at home now

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Way too small. Before I got my 6 plus I was using android devices with 5 inch + screens and particularly liked the note range. So the 6 plus is the right size for me. Even when I'd switch from the note line to the S, even at 5 inches it would always seem too small and then I'd go back to the note. So the iPhone 6 is defiantly too small for me. I wouldn't mind if the 6 plus was a bit bigger. The nexus 6 looks a nice size.