How do you get album cover art to go over to the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krye, Aug 14, 2008.

1. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I had a ton of CDs without cover art. I synced my iPhone and then realized after the fact that I hadn't selected "Get Album Cover Art". So I did. All my album cover art downloaded to iTunes, but the cover art is not on my iPhone. No matter how many times I sync, the cover art just does not go over to the iPhone. How do I do that? Do I have to erase the iphone and resync all the music again?

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Right click on a track that you know has the album art and got to 'Get Info' and make sure the album artwork if in there.

If it is then it should just sync it over the next time you plug your iPhone in...

If not then im not sure if there is a setting in iTunes for it or not?!

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

As suggested, make sure the album art is in the info box, then resync. If that does't work, then under iPhone>Music in iTunes, have it not sync music, then sync. That will remove all the music from the phone, then onces it is done, change it back to which playlists you had syncing and sync again.

TEG

4. krye thread starter macrumors 68000

krye

I tried everything. Nothing will wok. So I just deleted all the music and dragged it back over. That did it. I manage my music manually. So I bet that has something to do with it. Maybe it's a bug. I'd like to think that If I make a change to a song's details, it would at least update that on the phone by itself the next time I sync. I have always managed my music on my iPods separately. I don't remember ever having this problem before with another iPod.

5. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

It's a bug either with itunes or the 3G software. I never had this problem with my 1st gen iphone. ive tried everything and artwork for certain albums just wont show up.