Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

budaapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Ill.
I firewired my itunes library of from my Imac to my macbook and it made duplicates of almost every song. My library is over 2500 songs so it would take forever to trash each one does anyone know of a work around or a way to get rid of all these dupes.
Please help!
Thanks

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
budaapple said:
I firewired my itunes library of from my Imac to my macbook and it made duplicates of almost every song. My library is over 2500 songs so it would take forever to trash each one does anyone know of a work around or a way to get rid of all these dupes.
Please help!
Thanks

I think the only way is to manually do it in your library. Hopefully though theres a different (easier) way that I dont know about and someone will tell us. :D

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Allotriophagy said:
In the Edit menu, use Show Duplicate Songs and delete the copies?

Well frick me with a giant wooden spoon. I use iTunes everyday and never knew that was there. Not that I need it that often so Ive never really looked for it. Oh well thats good to know.

[goes away to make duplicates to test while someone comes round with giant wooden spoon]

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
This one looks like it will cause the minimum of splinters to your delicate frickhole.

1836_default.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.