How do you get rid of mailbox "sections" in Mac OS X Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gurtz, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Gurtz macrumors member

I really don't need any of the mailboxes in the Gmail "section" but whenever I try to delete them they 'fail'....

Attached Files:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That is because they come with gMail. If you use the online (browser) version, you have the same "boxes", maybe have a look at the gMail settings online and see if you can disable them.

Or you can just click on the little triangle in Mail and collapsing (?) the view it gives you.

3. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

I suggest you hide the Drafts, Sent, Spam, and Trash folders via the method i have below. The All Mail and Starred can be disabled if you have the Advanced IMAP controls enabled in Gmail Labs. [​IMG]

To hide the drafts, sent, spam and trash, just select one of them. For example, select the drafts mailbox. Then go to the menubar at the top and choose Mailbox>Use this mailbox for>Drafts.

Do the same thing for the sent, spam, and trash mailboxes.

4. Gurtz thread starter macrumors member

Well the main issue is that new messages show up in Inbox and in All Mail and I have to check mail in both places to make them read.

Now all the mailboxes are gone :D
    The GMAIL "section" is still there but it's far less annoying and I don't have to check mail twice.