Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xystence

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
I download and play a lot of games for my phone, and sadly I have reached the limit on what my phone can hold because of the games...

Whats even worse is I play a lot of what I have fairly regularly, what does everyone else do in this case?

I have read a lot of people just only put on their phone what they are currently playing, but the one thing I noticed is that you lose your saved game if you delete the app from iTunes or the phone. So is everyone just letting their saves go?

Any advice would be very welcome here!!

Thank you!

Xystence

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
I have just under 28GB of only games. Its completely full. I do not have any music because I use pandora for that, very few pictures and no videos.

A lot of these games have gotten do big these days. I mean some are 1.5GB a piece.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
You dont need an iphone you need a psp or ds !

lol.

You must have games you dont play as much and ones that your not overly bothered about the game saves/levels !

Time to cut the fat Dude !

Xystence

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Haha love your wording. I already have a PSP lol. The issue I have is I do not want to lose my saves lol. Why cant apple let us carry our app data to icloud and let it stay there once we delete the game lol. That would solve my whole issue!

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Just to be nosey ,

1, How many hours a day do you play ?
2, How long does your battery hold up and do you have to recharge it ?
3, Do any of your friends bother ringing or texting you in fear of disturbing your game play !

Lol. :D

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
I have just under 28GB of only games.

28 GB?! :eek:

Hate to say it but it seems like we need to call that show "hoarders" on you in order to get you to clean out all the clutter ;)

My mom does that too where she holds onto everything for fear of losing save states. It's a real sickness...

Xystence

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
I play on and off throughout the day lol. No people still insist on texting and calling me lol. I charge my phone overnight and get through the day fine.

I thought iCloud would fix it too. However like now in tunes if you delete the game on your phone it deletes the games progress off icloud the next time you backup to icloud.

How do you save all of your progress to Dropbox?

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I think most people can handle being out of space, except they don't have 28 gigs worth of games. Are you really playing each one every day?

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Put down the phone, go outside. Meet people, real people. Meet real people, in reality. Laugh with them, smile with them, enjoy life.

Or to put it in a gamers perspective:
There's a new MMORPG called "OUTSIDE". There are billions of people already playing it. No cost to join, however there are in game purchases that go from .01 cents all the way up to millions of dollars depending upon your character and its needs.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Put down the phone, go outside. Meet people, real people. Meet real people, in reality. Laugh with them, smile with them, enjoy life.

There's a new MMORPG called "OUTSIDE". There are billions of people already playing it. No cost to join, however there are in game purchases that go from .01 cents all the way up to millions of dollars depending upon your character and its needs.

The iPhone is a portable device. It goes outside. You can play games AND play with people.

Tony

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
The iPhone is a portable device. It goes outside. You can play games AND play with people.

Tony

Yes, and while you can take it outside guess what? You're still playing the games inside/on it. You're not interacting with humans, but with a connection. While another human might be on the other end, you're still on a computer.

What I'm saying is, basically, spend some time with people. Then that 28GB of games won't seem to matter as much.
Fish are friends, not food. :D

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009

Rude much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.