How do you hold your iPhone 5?

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
I hold it with my left and put my pinky under the speaker for support, ring and middle fingers touching the silver band just a little, and my pointer very close to the edge. It does feel long but you get used to it :p

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
I hold it with my left and put my pinky under the speaker for support, ring and middle fingers touching the silver band just a little, and my pointer very close to the edge. It does feel long but you get used to it :p
I know it would cause another lawsuit war, but I wish since the phone is longer now.. the lock button was on the right side of the phone like on Samsung phones.. makes phones like the Galaxy Note, S3, etc. feel very manageable even though they are large.

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
I know it would cause another lawsuit war, but I wish since the phone is longer now.. the lock button was on the right side of the phone like on Samsung phones.. makes phones like the Galaxy Note, S3, etc. feel very manageable even though they are large.
that would be so awkward on a phone like the iPhone lmao and wouldn't it interfere with the antenna? I'm no engineer though.

kiantech

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
this thread made me realize I have been holding my phone wrong this whole time.

5 star thread!

numberforty1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Canada
oh, i don't hold it myself, i get one of the foxconn employees to hold it up to my ear every time i get a call. they came with the phone.

Timster83

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
I hold it exactly the same way except when texting or composing an email, in which case I hold it in two hands and type with my thumbs.

The only downside I've found is that in one-handed usage, my thumb has challenges reaching whichever soft-button is in the top right corner of the screen.

Gnarl

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2012
I like to wedge it between my buttocks while talking on the phone. I noticed that slender curvature of my unshaved bottom somehow naturally amplifies sound waves coming from the phone speakers. So far no problem, Siri is pleased as well.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I hold it exactly the same way except when texting or composing an email, in which case I hold it in two hands and type with my thumbs.

The only downside I've found is that in one-handed usage, my thumb has challenges reaching whichever soft-button is in the top right corner of the screen.
same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.