How do you make your phone vibrate when it’s on silent?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Audiosond, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Audiosond macrumors newbie

And also how do you make the tapping sound silent?

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

When you slide the little switch on the side it vibrates...

3. Audiosond thread starter macrumors newbie

It stays on silent.

4. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Um settings/sounds vibrate on silent turned to on. And scroll down and turn off keyboard clicks... Is this your first iPhone?

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

Lol, it's my third iPhone and I didn't know that.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's surprising to see how people use (or essentially don't use) their phones sometimes.

7. eko91 macrumors regular

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

9. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Just go to Settings > Sounds > Vibrate on Silent > On. That makes it so when the switch is in the "Silent" position (red showing) notifications don't make noise but they make a vibration. If "Vibrate on Silent" is off, there will be no vibration when the switch is in the "Silent" position. Again, with the red showing.

I wish they would make toggling between "Ringer", "Vibrate", and "Silent" easier. Currently, with the switch, it's either Ringer and Vibrate, or Ringer and Silent. There's no way to toggle easily between all of those without going to "Settings > Sound > Vibrate on Silent".

Sometimes I want notifications to make a noise. Sometimes I want notifications to be totally silent. Sometimes I want them to be silent but just have a vibration. If they would make the switch change between "Ringer" and "Silent" only and just add a vibration toggle in control center, it would be lovely. Or perhaps that last volume level for ringer could be vibrate, rather than always making the volume stop going down at 1 tick.

10. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

How do you make your phone vibrate when it's in your pocket?

11. bushido Suspended

bushido

you would be surprised how many people never open the settings app or dont even find it on their springboard. shocks me all the time. my cousin didnt even know about the app switcher or others keep stock in their notification center cuz they dont know how to disable it