How do you manually assign geotags to images in Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrMister111, Apr 10, 2015.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

So just thinking what I'm going to do, stay with iPhoto or go over to Photos.

However, when I import in iPhoto I like to tag with faces, places, dates, thats why its taking so long!

With some old pics, they don't have GPS tags, so sometimes I know where and manually tag the GPS/location for them.

How do you do this in Photos?

thanks

2. kramden88 macrumors member

You can't. Look into Lightroom.
    I never thought I'd say it, but I'm sticking with iPhoto as long as possible. Photos is fast but feature-poor at the moment. Hopefully Apple will add features like this back over time.

3. kylekai macrumors member

You can always use a tool such as Photo GeoTag to geotag photos before importing them into Photos.

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pity, surely it's been "missed". Understand some stuff will be left out our forgotten, but wasn't iPhoto done to get photos organised specifically with a who (faces), where (places) etc?

So what happens now as I've got 10.10.3 with photos and opened it it seemed to automatically import all my iPhoto library.

However I've got some photos in iPhoto in a smart album with "no places", so now what do I do?

I understand they are now seperate libraries, so whatever I do in iPhoto, doesn't migrate to photos app.