Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dealmaker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
I'm looking to order an iPad Pro - and want to collect in store on Friday. How do I go about that? Is it on the App or the Web site - I haven't been able to find the option as yet??

Thanks!

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
I'm looking to order an iPad Pro - and want to collect in store on Friday. How do I go about that? Is it on the App or the Web site - I haven't been able to find the option as yet??

Thanks!

No one knows yet. Have to wait and see if Apple give you that option
when the online store is updated to allow orders to be placed. Apple
always like to keep us all guessing until the very last moment!

BrettJDeriso

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2010
Northern Virginia
No one knows yet. Have to wait and see if Apple give you that option
when the online store is updated to allow orders to be placed. Apple
always like to keep us all guessing until the very last moment!
Yep. I'll settle for delivery if that's the only option, but I'm holding out hope for a reserve/pickup deal.

richardmu

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Bristol, UK
Yep. I'll settle for delivery if that's the only option, but I'm holding out hope for a reserve/pickup deal.

Was in my local Apple Store this afternoon and the guy I spoke to reckons
there will be an option to either have it delivered or pick up in store. However, they don't usually know any more than we do or so we're told.

Reactions: jazz1

BrettJDeriso

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2010
Northern Virginia
...they don't usually know any more than we do or so we're told.
I believe that.

Think of it this way: if Apple doesn't make any profit on shipping charges, giving people the in-store pickup option costs them nothing. In fact, it's better for them, since:
  1. It gets you in the store where you're more likely to make an impulse buy or up-sell
  2. It gets them off the hook (reputation-wise) for delayed or mis-routed home deliveries, and
  3. Store traffic is tangible and photogenic -online sales are abstract.

tpluth

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
Carmichael, CA
With the new Apple TV, I wasn't able to order for store pickup until the morning that they would first be available for in-store purchase.

Try early tomorrow morning.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I was trying to figure out what a "Store Collection" was. So, being curious about seeing a post about a collection of stores I clicked on it. LOL

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I ordered just now while in bed on my iPhone directly from the app, used TouchID to pay, get to pick it up in the morning. Excited!

Still salty about the Pencil shortage however.

DGA1993

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2015
I ordered just now while in bed on my iPhone directly from the app, used TouchID to pay, get to pick it up in the morning. Excited!

Still salty about the Pencil shortage however.
How do I collect in store? The App Store app is just saying 1 business day delivery!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.