Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Seems that apple only allows yout o make one purchase at a time on apple.com. Does anyone know how this worked last year on Verizonwireless.com? I'm switching from ATT for both my wife and I and trying to figure out the best route to go to preorder both phones.

Anyone know if they'll be doing preorders at the same time?

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Call Verizon or AT&T directly. They'll have a better anwser for you.

Yeah they still don't know. I was hoping maybe someone on here had some insight or remembers how it went down last year? I'm just hoping that they'll start the preorder process at the same time as Apple but again, not sure how it went down last year for the 4S.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Yeah they still don't know. I was hoping maybe someone on here had some insight or remembers how it went down last year? I'm just hoping that they'll start the preorder process at the same time as Apple but again, not sure how it went down last year for the 4S.

Share plans are new, so no one here will give you a straight answer. What you will get is a mix of answers and nothing to go on. Like I said, keep calling Apple and your carrier.

inthecup

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
I don't know if this will help you. I presently have just an individual plan so I'm planning to upgrade my phone with Apple ... then buy my wifes with ATT by adding a line. From what I have read that may be the easiest thing to do ... then when I get my wife's phone convert both lines to a shared plan ... that's what you have to do with ATT, first add a individual then convert.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I don't know if this will help you. I presently have just an individual plan so I'm planning to upgrade my phone with Apple ... then buy my wifes with ATT by adding a line. From what I have read that may be the easiest thing to do ... then when I get my wife's phone convert both lines to a shared plan ... that's what you have to do with ATT, first add a individual then convert.

Thanks...that's basically the route that apple.com makes you go for a new phone (and it seems like the only way for you to go if you alreayd have a plan) but based on verizonwireless.com, they do allow you to make 2 purchases at the same time for the existing phones (new contracts). The guy at Verizon said that it shouldn't be a problemf or the new ones either...he just didn't have a definitive preorder start time. He said he would call me back if and when he got one and I'll share here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.