How do you talk to your buddy in Italy and at the same time record the converstion??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by igmolinav, Mar 21, 2008.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi,

What program do you use if you want to talk to your buddy in Italy and at the same time record the conversation.

**Hopefully the conversation can be recorded without any interference or noise. I heard somewhere people got together to play with different instruments at different places, and then all was recorded in one place.

Thank you very much,

igmolinav

2. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Well my initial reaction would be Skype and Audio Hijack Pro :)

Skype is what you would need to talk to your friend.

www.skype.com

Audio Hijack would be what you would need to record it.

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

I use this set-up to record a podcast with friends from other parts of the UK and America so it should be fine, I think.

There's very little delay between what you say and how long it takes for them to hear it btu it depends on your connection speed.

3. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Skype is definitely your best option. Here's another program to record your internet calls: http://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/

The quality of the audio will depend on how good yours and your friend's microphones are (as well as the internet connections).

4. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

5. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Yes, using iMic with your current microphone will allow you to record podcasts.

6. soms macrumors 6502

soms

I downloaded SightSpeed to use with my mom whos on a PC and it allows you to record audio/video as well when you are chatting.

7. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816