Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

How do you think people can recover from being destroyed on Google Search?

tzhu07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
I think they would have to do something that's newsworthy again, but this time very positive. The public would see it as redemption, and maybe the search results showing the 2nd newsworthy act would drown out the 1st.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
I can't see Justine Sacco ever working in public relations after her joke about Africans and AIDS.

As for Anjali Ramkissoon assaulting and verbally abusing an Uber driver...I don't know. She's very attractive, and if they do kick her out of medical school, perhaps she'll have a career as a dominatrix.

Reactions: rhett7660

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Is the OP implying that any of this is somehow Google's doing? I'm not sure I understand the question, or why it's about Google.
Im sure Bing just gives nice rose colored search results about people.

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
Not everything you think has to go on social media.

Which is why I intensely dislike social media (this site excluded). However, if one speaks out, wisely or not, defy those who would like to smother commonly held truths.
[doublepost=1464129705][/doublepost]
Not everything you think has to go on social media.

Which is why I intensely dislike social media (this site excluded). However, if one speaks out, wisely or not, defy those who would like to smother commonly held truths.
[doublepost=1464129898][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1464129705][/doublepost]

Sorry for double post - gremlins, I swear!

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Oh please. We've got senators in the US making comments like "A rape baby can be rejected through prayer" or "A woman should be glad she's being raped" all within the last 3-4 years. It hasn't put a dent in their career yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.