How do you use your iPhone to keep yourself daily at maximum productivity?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NoOneHitsHarder, Sep 25, 2012.

1. NoOneHitsHarder macrumors member

This might seem like a really basic thread but I haven't always been the most disciplined :eek: and I wanted to start being a more productive person and thought perhaps my iPhone could help me out in that regard.

I figured I could set daily alarms to go off and make sure I stay on my daily schedule.

6:00am - Wake up
    6:30am - Go to the gym
    8:00am - Shower
    8:30am - Breakfast
    9:00am - Start homework
    12:00pm - Lunch
    1:00pm - Continue homework
    3:00pm - 30 min break
    3:30pm - Household chores
    4:30pm - Finish homework
    7:00pm - Free time to have fun
    09:30pm - Get ready for sleep
    10:00pm - Sleep

Is there any other apps or techniques that you use on your iPhone to keep yourself on task and doing what you need to? Or would you change anything with the reminder schedule above? Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated :)

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

a phone/app/gadget ain't really going help you maintain a schedule just because you set alarms, unless you are hellbound to maintaining that schedule at any cost, which in that case, you simply need a piece of paper, a pencil & a watch.

sorry mate, don't rely on tech for such fundamental things.

3. leenak macrumors 68020

I don't know, going from no discipline to a set schedule may be a recipe for failure. You do homework but do you have class?

Todo lists with specific tasks may help you feel more accomplished so that you have a start and a finish.

4. NoOneHitsHarder thread starter macrumors member

You might be right. The only problem is that I'm usually very forgetful of the things I need to get done (pretty sure I have a memory disability). So while a physical sheet of paper an watch would be great as well, I would worry that I would forget to check it without an alarm going off to remind me. Thank you for taking the time to reply needfx :)

Thank you for your reply leenak :)

Yeah, I worry about that as well (going from no schedule to completely booked). It reminds me of those people who go full tilt overnight on some new diet. A lot of them can't handle the drastic change in one day and crash back to the way things were :eek:

Any todo list app that you would recommend?

5. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Pretty sure your memory disability is called being human. Either that or I have a similar disability because I only seem to remember things about 5 minutes after I was supposed to have completed those things. It can be frustrating to deal with.

6. NoOneHitsHarder thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the kind words :)

Yeah, It's really frustrating to deal with. Sometimes I get instructions from someone an 5 min later forget a particular detail. Or I get home from lecture and can't remember what I was supposed to do for homework.

You are absolutely correct about it being a part of being human, the only problem is my college program wants us to be robots of productivity. They demand it. If I don't study everyday for 5 - 7 hours a day I feel like I'm sinking in quicksand.

I figure any great thing a person looks to accomplish needs to be 100% disciplined towards the goal in order to achieve greatness at your goal. Right now it feels like I'm a nobody. I want to change that very badly for myself and my family and the only way I seem to think would work is to be more disciplined than my peers.

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm in my last semester at college (22 years old).

I use my phone everyday, almost all day:

• Morning alarm
    • Errand and general to-do reminders
    • Calendar for assignments, test dates, events, etc..
    • Mail to have constant access to my school and work emails
    • As my iPod
    • Quick notes (especially useful in class or on trips)
    • Checking weather to make sure I'm prepared
    • Safari for whatever searching/research I must do

8. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

I hear you. Your alarms are a great idea, IMHO. Sounds like you may need to write down your assignments though. :) Since you have an iPhone, why not record the lectures as well? Apple's recording app should serve you quite well in this regard.