How Does Apple Trade In Work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone joe, Sep 23, 2013.

1. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

Is it as simple as bringing in your old phone and they give you credit toward a new phone?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It is literallythat simple. Don't expect to get much for it though. $208 for a 32GB iPhone 5 that looked brand new...

3. iphone joe thread starter macrumors regular

iphone joe

Do you need to bring the box and charger?

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Also curious about this. I've already ordered my 5S through AT&T, so I guess I'd be interested in knowing if I can simply trade my old phone in (once the new one arrives in November or whenever) and have a credit toward the next release.

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Wow! Only $208 for the 32 GB iPhone 5? I traded my 32 GB iPhone 5 in at AT&T and they gave me $310.00, which served nicely then to offset the early upgrade. I wound up paying less out of pocket than I would have if I'd had the full upgrade eligibility. Since I really had not planned to do this, I didn't have anything else with me, just the iPhone itself. So, that way I got to keep my charger, lightning cable, earbuds, etc. Nice!!!

From what I understand about the Apple trade-in program you need to do it at the time you are buying the new iPhone in the store.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Box they don't care about, I know that much. I believe they want the charger (not earbuds). I didn't do it myself, but I saw people trading theirs in, and they definitely did not have a box with them.