How does exchange work at apple store for broken sleep switch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by powerbook911, Jun 26, 2013.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Hi

My sleep/wake switch is having the classic sypmtoms. Right side of the button only works about 25 percent of the time and it keeps getting worse.

I'm deciding between sending it in for service and going to an apple store (hour drive for me).

Concern with Apple store visit, is are they the ones who put the sim in the new phone and whatnot? A bit scared of it getting scratched.

Also, are the replacement phones coming in ok physical condition? When the iPhone5 came out, I felt lucky mine was almost perfect, are the replacement phones looking ok?

Thanks.

2. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Yes they are the ones that do the SIM swap. They would have to be insane to scratch your phone doing that. But strange things happen.

And I received a replacement black iphone just yesterday (6.1.4) and it is flawless. YMMV.

3. powerbook911 thread starter macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Thanks again Mikey

I went ahead and used the mail in service. It went ok. The replacement phone, thankfully looks fine. I guess they have improved the process since the first phones last summer that came with the chips and whatnot in the bezel.

The screen is a bit warmer than I'd prefer but that is ok.

I'm fairly happy. Just a shame this sleep/wake button will no doubt go out again, outside warranty.

Thanks again for the advice/experience. It was a bit less of a hassle in the end to do the FedEx service and I got a sim adapter and used my old iPhone 4 while it was away.

4. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Great to hear the phone is looking good. And no problem. Enjoy the device my man.