How does movies/gaming looks on ANTI-GLARE 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by curtisvadnais, Nov 2, 2012.

1. curtisvadnais, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

curtisvadnais macrumors newbie

No one has answered this. How does it look? People say if you like using the web, email, and watching movies, go for glossy. If you are a professional or use your MBP for work, go with anti-glare. But I am BOTH. I do Photoshop, website editing, movie watching, and internet. I do everything with my laptop so it isn't a "one or the other depending on the person" situation. How do movies look on anti-glare? Do you see true color? Are the blacks too washed out? Does the silver bezel distract you when watching a film or gaming? I ordered both and I used a glossy before, I do see reflections but I love how the colors pop. Then again, are the vibrant, popping colors, deep blacks really worth it if you face is constantly in them all the time? Thoughts, please!

------

Sorry about the grammar error, I meant how DO movies/games look on ANTI-GLARE MBP 15" 2012?

2. HazzerEC macrumors newbie

I think the complete opposite, i think that the anti-glare screen actually helps with the darks in movies or games. Even in dim light the reflection and glare used to bother me so when i upgraded opted for the anti-glare. The screen looks absolutely incredible when watching movies, especially in 1080p.

I too use photoshop and actually prefer my 15" anti glare to my old 17" glossy screen. I believe that it is easier closely look at the screen. Similarly, it seems that i can look at the anti-glare screen a lot longer than the glossy, although dont know if this is found in other people?

The silver outskirt of the screen doesnt distract me at all, and as the screen is inset about 1mm from the bezel i guess it adds that little bit more protection from scratching if there was something caught when the MBP i shut.

Hope this helps.

3. Mac32 Suspended

If you're getting a regular MBP, go with antiglare. There's not doubt in my mind. Regular MBP has a way too much glossy and reflective screen. The colours will be very, very slightly muted compared to glossy, but the screen will be much easier on your eyes, especially when working with it for hours and hours. Believe me, I had a glossy screen on my previous MBP, and I'm never getting one again. The MBA and rMBP has a less reflective screen, so they are better, but the regular MBP...don't buy it without antiglare. That's my opinion anyway.

4. curtisvadnais thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your input on my very first post here! Been a long time fan of Macrumors, you definitely helped. As for other responses, keep them coming. I like hearing different opinions. :)

5. CASLondon macrumors 6502a

Well, I've got a 2011 MBP 17" anti glare (i've run anti glare since they were offered) and I say everything looks great. I watch tv, films, play games, as well as edit video on mine

6. RAPTOR1337ULTRA macrumors newbie

Go to an apple store and see for urself if u can :p

I have a glossy version and absolutely love it :cool: