how does the Apple Store deal with Iphone 4S that doesn't autofocus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dubs83, Sep 19, 2012.

1. dubs83 macrumors regular

I know some people have been having this problem where the camera will not autofocus, but I want to sell my iphone 4S and upgrade to the 5, but need to fix the autofocus on my camera. Does apple require that I pay to get the camera fixed? I have no idea if my warranty has expired (have had the phone for about a year), so I might not be covered, but it appears it is a hardware issue so maybe I am.

2. roberthodgson macrumors regular

Take it in to the Apple Store the 4S is less then a year since launch but is coming up quickly either way Apple is usually flexible even if it is a few days or weeks out of warranty.

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

When I had a camera issue with my 4, I took it into Apple and despite it's being a few days out of warranty, they exchanged it with no problem. All he did was check to see if he could recreate the problem & make sure it wasn't water-damaged first.

4. dubs83 thread starter macrumors regular

I assume they can do an exchange on site so I'm not out of a phone?

thanks guys

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

As long as they have replacements in-store, which for iPhones, they almost always do.

Be sure to make an online reservation at the Genius Bar before you go into the store, or you may have to wait a long time to be seen.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/us/en/techsupport/