How does this make any sense? Spilled wine on keyboard and…

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Doju, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Doju
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

So, I accidentally spilled some red wine on my Apple wireless keyboard, but I figured the keyboard would survive, no worries, it's small enough.

So, I took the batteries out, turned it over, took a can of that sprayable, compressed air and blew the keyboard out and all the wine came out.

A day later I turned on the keyboard!

It works! Yay!

All... except the W. No, the w works fine. I mean, the lowercase w works fine, uppercase W doesn't!

But, that's not the weirdest part, shift-w for uppercase W doesn't work, but shift-any-other-letter/number works FINE.

How does this make any sense? And the other shift (on the right side of the keyboard) does it fine.

2. iBookG4user
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 604

iBookG4user

That is very weird. Does shift + w produce an uppercase w on your MacBook Pro keyboard?

3. Schtumple
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

Schtumple

Magic.

That's the only answer.

Honestly I have no idea, could be a tiny amount of wine left inside that's causing some kind of connection problem when those 2 keys are pressed, but I'm pretty sure that's not even possible, but I could be wrong.

If it becomes a pain open up the keyboard and really give it a good spray with your canned air.

4. Doju
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 68000

Well, I took the suggestions and blew it out something fierce again.

Strangely, I didn't even bother to take out the batteries this time, blew it out entirely, came back up, keyboard connected automatically, and uppercase-W worked fine.

Thanks guys!!

WWWWW ;)