How Does your Verizon Fan Discount Work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supervelous, Sep 13, 2012.

1. supervelous macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure I get a 21% discount, but on my old Verizon plan it was only taken off the voice plan, not the text, and I don't think I had data back then so am unsure about that.

Now if I switch to Verizon, will I get 21% off the Share Everything Plan I assume I'll be forced to get as a new customer?

2. Omacc macrumors member

cans someone please explain to me what this FAN discount or "FAN" means or is about? people keep mentioning it on here but i have nothing to accurately describe what it means or stands for

3. theanimala macrumors 6502

Since there is no longer any voice charges, you get the discount off of the data portion. Each iphone has a $40 charge, no discount there. The discount is taken off of the data portion, so 21% off of the $40 if you do the 4GB plan., etc.

4. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually don't know if it's called FAN for Verizon, but it's called that for AT&T, which I get a discount on.

It's just your corporate discount, for working for a certain company that I guess has a deal with AT&T or Verizon

5. emaja macrumors 68000

Just switch a friend who gets a FAN to the Share Everything and I was told that it is only off of the main data/voice part, not the $40 for each smartphone. If you have the 4GB for $70 plan, you qet the 21% off of just that $70.

I forget what it stands for, but there are many companies and schools that have arrangements for discounts.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

As seen here: http://guides.macrumors.com/iPhone_Upgrade_Guide
    "12.What is a FAN? Foundation Account Number. Think of it like a group discount for organizations that subscribe to the service.

I have an Individual Responsible FAN (IRU) - meaning I pay for my own line, but I get a X% discount on the service. There are also Corporate Responsible FANs (CRU), where the company pays for the phones."

Also, here is VZW's page on the issue: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/employee/emaildomainauthentication.jsp
    It's call the "Employee Discount Program" BTW.

Cheers,
    will

7. Omacc macrumors member

yea my peoples work for a big car company and they get a discount percentage off the bill from at&t/verizon . is the FAN discount usually a code? or how do you go about implementing that onto your bill when creating a new account online

8. emaja macrumors 68000

I had to submit a request through the carrier's website and then they wanted to confirm employment by sending info to my company email address.

Call your HR guys and they'll give you the info you need.