How Donald Trump's Doublespeak Really Works—and Is Highly Calculated

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jun 8, 2016.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

so this is why trump sounds like a alzheimer patient or that he is brain damaged. he has the politician quadruple speak down and he fools so many it is amazing.
    http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/donald-trumps-doublespeak-highly-calculated

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

3. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

I believe anything trump says cause he speaks directly to me says FieldingMellish

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It's almost comical how one side hurls things at the other when both candidates are full of ****. 50+% of voters view both unfavorably. Their trustworthiness or lack there of is practically identical. Of all the elections over the last 20yrs, this is one where neither side has the market cornered on much of anything positive.

5. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

for sure. I just got a kick out of this as it explains what trump is doing and how he kooks people here so well.

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think that article gives Trump too much credit. Its possible that Trump's conflicting babble is part of some masterplan. But I don't think so. Its just the product of a brain that has never bothered to think very hard about the issues; that is incapable of accurately assessing conflicting pieces of information; and is totally unprepared to be challenged.

Trump's campaign has only started to be tested. As we move through the Conventions there are going to be numerous opportunities for Trump to screw up. And if he continues on his present path - its all but inevitable that he will. Big time.

Look at the challenges facing Trump: At some point he's going to have to stand on stage and debate Hillary Clinton. And I think the odds are he's going to get flustered and blurt out some horribly sexist insult that's going to come back to knock a few more points off his electability. Never mind that he simply doesn't have the tiniest fraction of Hillary Clinton's knowledge and background with the process of Government; building coalitions; foreign relations; healthcare; the economy; the military.

Then there is the looming disaster over Trump's business practices. What should be a positive for him (most Americans admired Ross Perot and - to a somewhat lesser extent - Mitt Romney for their business careers) - is fast turning into a horror show. Americans admire success. They don't admire frauds.

Then there is the issue over his Vice Presidential pick. And at this stage, I simply cannot think of single person who would improve things for Trump. Ben Carson would be a joke. Chris Christie, rather than offering Trump a chance to win New Jersey - actually would probably worsen his chances there. Carly Fiorina wouldn't take the job. Chances are Trump is going to make a left-field pick. Probably some screwball retired General; who is more than likely to embarrass himself in his first press conference.

Lastly there is the Press. Which a) is busy covering the biggest story of the year and b) has been singled out for verbal abuse and name calling by Donald Trump.

One of the "jobs" of Presidential candidates is to charm the Press. Journalists liked things like John McCain's "Straight Talk Express". They like it when a candidate treats them with good humor and a certain amount of respect. Trump doesn't do that with anyone. Trump has managed to piss off half the people at Fox News, for pete's sake. And as more bad news dribbles out about Trump's shady business dealings; about his ignorance and refusal to back down from his racially charged rhetoric, the questions he's going to get from the press will just become worse. I don't kid myself that the mainstream media has the ability to totally turn an election and popular opinion. But it can change the opinion of enough people to put any chances of Electoral success far out of Trump's reach.

7. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

I agree it is hard to tell but it does have the same effect pleasing more people that don't think much about it.

8. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Part of me thinks that Trump never really wanted to be President (it was more of a publicity stunt), but this thing sort of snowballed on him. I mean really -- he has a good life. Who the heck would want that 24 hour a day 7 days a week job as president -- particularly with the lifestyle that Trump has. So now maybe he feels he has to blow the election.

9. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I tend to agree. I also don't think this started as a serious candidacy.

But, s**t happens!

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I agree. I don't think he ever thought it would go this far but now he's stuck because he can't be a quitter or a loser, two of his favorite pejoratives.

Interesting opinion piece from Ron Insana who thinks Trump will drop out of the race.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/08/trum...may-drop-out-of-the-race-soon-commentary.html

11. samiwas macrumors 65816

With as many people who originally said that Trump was just a Hillary pawn, I could see him getting to within a month of the election, and suddenly dropping a "I told you these guys would believe anything!" on his departure. It would be somewhat hilarious.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

not sure he wants to drop out as much as he wants to be pushed out. him getting pushed out would mean a hillary win with the GOP looking really like crap, him dropping makes HIM AND the GOP look bad, doubt he can afford to look that bad.

13. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It's certainly a possibility. And one I'd imagine that the strategists at Hillary Clinton's campaign have probably considered.

Because they have to walk a fine line. They don't want to damage Trump too badly this many months before election day, and certainly before the Republican Convention. If Trump were to drop out now, all those delegates would be free to vote for whoever they wanted. And chances are pretty good they'd end up selecting someone with a heck of a lot more electability than Donald Trump. Marco Rubio or John
    Kasich, for instance, who would probably make the race a lot closer. Rubio and Kasich as VP would probably pick up both Florida and Ohio from Clinton; and make other races a lot more competitive.

But I don't think Trump is seriously considering dropping out at this stage of the Campaign. Its not in his personality.

14. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Aside from the Republican clown car primary losers, who would want the job? Established Republican operatives and anyone who wants to preserve their career or appearance of integrity is dropping support day-by-day.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Speaking of his VP pick, Bloomberg is reporting that they may make an announcement this month and the team is afraid Trump will just tweet it one late night.

16. FieldingMellish Suspended

Listen to you guys. This is the same kind of conversation from 6 months ago.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This, too, shall pass. It is nothing like 6 months ago. It's a whole new game with many more paying attention.

18. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

deflection deflection deflection deflection

19. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

20. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Umm, it's obvious she's better than Trump.

That's like saying who would be a better to lead your football team, Tom Brady, or some 70 year old guy who plays fantasy football.

21. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

Yeah........um.....okay.. (calmly clicking back arrow).

22. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Way to avoid. If you disagree, say why. Somone who has never held political office, makes outrageous bigoted comments, has conned people out of money an d whose foreign policy experience is based on Beauty pageants is qualified how? Particularly when compared to someone who has spent decades in politics and held high posts in government. I don't care if you disagree with clintons policies, but there is no question as to who is more qualified as between those two. Not liking your QB, doesn't mean you bring an old hot dog salesman from the stands to run your team.

23. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

What's the point in debating with someone blindly follows clinton who respects Margaret Sanger.
    You tell me about Benghazi...did you hide that email too? Hillary didn't do crap.
    I rather vote for someone who stands by 2nd amendment than feminize the country and ban gun.
    I don't care who you vote for...that's you. I rather vote for someone who stands for people.

24. caesarp, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016

caesarp macrumors 6502a

LOL. You think a billionaire celebrity who has only cared about enriching himself cares about YOU or PEOPLE? Ahhahahhahahahahhahahhaha. LOL. Did he care about people when he conned them out of thousands of dollars for his fraud Trump U?

Man, that Trump can really fool the low information voters I guess. OMG -- a billionaire con man cares about you and people? Why -- cause he said he does? Wow! Dude, you need to read some more.

Trump: I love people, I love Hispanics and the blacks, and they love me. You people are terrific. I'm for the common man, crooked Hillary is for the corporations, she's not for you. She'll take away your guns and make you wear tampons. Believe me. I'm on your side. You'll see. It will be awesome. We'll do a terrific job. Your problems will be solved. Trust me. I know what I'm doing.

pat500000: Gee Mr. Trump, I'm so glad you are on my side. Tell me more.

Trump: Okay, Benghazi, email.

pat50000: Ewwwwww, Mr. Trump. Say it again, harder.

25. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

I rest my case. YOU haven't come up with why Clinton is good...you just attacked Trump.
    She released child molester in the past. Again. You haven't mentioned why she's good. Comment back when you got substance of why she is good...other than brand name CLINTON.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 8, 2016 ---
    Dude, i can't talk to someone who is uneducated. Thanks. Stick to your iPad and read more.