How easy is it just to switch iphones with wife?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maverick22, Oct 11, 2012.

1. maverick22 macrumors 6502

Target has a ip5 reserved for me. At first I was thinking of doing an upgrade swap (my wife's line is eligible but she doesn't care for the 5) , but now after thinking about it I'm worried of the hassle that may come about. I am considering just doing a regular upgrade (simple enough for a Target employee I would hope), and then the next day go to an AT&T store and just switch phones with my wife.

Is it pretty easy for AT&T just to switch phone numbers/iphones?

2. aztooh macrumors 6502a

yes

3. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

Yeah just put your SIM card into the phone you want to use and hers into the other. You'll probably have to call AT&T to switch the SIM card numbers on the account because the iPhone 5 uses the nano sim.

4. emma777 macrumors member

yes, it is not so difficult. You need to call AT&T.

5. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I did this. Buy the phone on the wife's upgrade. Then go into your carrier's store and have them give you a new SIM card for the iP5 and use that card for your line.

It may be possible to go about this with the current SIM card in the device already depending on how they activate it. For a 100% solution, just do as I said above. The carriers absolutely do not care if you swap lines/phones/etc.