How fast and safe is buying the unlock thing on eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cjshino, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Cjshino macrumors regular

Never used it before but i want to unlock it and in stores they charge like $30. Safe and quick on ebay?

2. kalex macrumors 65816

yes. get it from reputable seller and it will be fast and painless

3. Cebuano1976 macrumors regular

what stores? unlock_fusion ($5 for iPhone 4S) had it in less than 2 hours. cellunlocker.net ($40 for iPhone 4) did it less than 4 hours, (Sunday, US). No harmful effects yet noted.

4. zman2100 macrumors regular

zman2100

Go with a seller who's done a lot of sales. It will happen as fast as what you pay for. The cheaper ones are 24-48 hours, the more expensive ones are only a few hours. I used unlock fusion and had no problems.

5. Alag28 macrumors 6502

i agree

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Unlock Fusion's 1-24 hour unlock right now is $3.37. The prices for unlocks start at $2.50 from what I have seen.

7. dagored macrumors 65816

A week ago I paid Unlock Fusion $3.59. I began some updates on my iPhone and iPad and about 20 minutes later, checked my email and got the "phone is unlocked" email.

I did a restore and was greeted with the "unlocked" screen. Been a week. No problems. I even downloaded 6.0.1. Works fine.

8. saud0488 macrumors 6502

I buy for around 2.50. Usually done within 12 hours max.

9. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

$30 is too much. If you are trying to unlock an ATT phone you should not pay more than about $6.

I used unlock Fusion off Ebay when they were about $6 they are even cheaper now.

10. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I just ordered. I figured at $3.50, even if I completely lose my money I won't be out much.

I still don't understand how AT&T allows this sort of thing to go on! They're so strict about when/whether they unlock phones, yet these companies can do it for three-fitty?

WTF. Oh well, we shall see!

11. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

12. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Quickest unlock from him took an hour for me.

13. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

I used unlock fusion and no problems here. It's nice having an unlocked iPhone.

It's actually now considered factory unlocked too which is nice

Factory unlock - Call AT&T ask them, buy it unlocked from apple, best buy, etc for full price, unlock fusion $10 hehe.

Regular unlocked - using red snow and doing it yourself.

14. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Just curious, did anyone else buy an unlock even though they have no travel plans anytime soon?

I figured for around $3 bucks it was worth it just to have an unlocked phone. Especially if AT&T might decide to close whatever hole these companies are using to unlock. And when I do decide to travel, I'm all set and don't have to worry about it.

I'm probably especially going to make use of it if I ever go to the UK. Travel is much more enjoyable when you have data coverage (which is prohibitively expensive if you roam)

15. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

I used unlock_fusion and paid less than $5. I had the code pretty quick. Sent the iPhone to Australia to a friend and it is working perfectly. Can't thank services like this enough.