How fast do MacBooks (Especially Airs) run out of stock after announcing it on WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by unknownfps, Jun 9, 2013.

1. unknownfps macrumors member

The retina MacBooks will probably be delayed due to limited screen production, but how long do you think the Airs will be available in stock right after the announcement in WWDC?
    Anyone with previous experiences on buying it right after?
    Also how are the shipping times? Do people who ordered the earliest tend to get their product delivered? I read on some posts where the late-orders have their shipping time from 2-3 weeks...

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Probably? Can you back that up with evidence other than rumors and analysts?

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

27.5 minutes. Give or take about 43 different variables.

YMMV

4. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Out of stock? Probably have a few days to order before they become back ordered (if they have huge improvements, if it's just a refresh, no big deal)

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

Please explain why you think anyone on MR, or even anyone, would know the answer to this question?

Yes.

They're fine.

No - Apple generates a random number and throws away this number of early orders. :confused: Of course early orders get delivered first. I have found the estimated delivery times are accurate.

To state what should be obvious, but clearly isn't, as pre-built stock dwindles, shipping times increases.

6. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Apple announced last year's update on 6/11 and I bought one at an Apple store just before closing time on the 14th. At that point, they had 3 models of the 11" in stock, the $999, $1099 and $1649 (fastest proc, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD).

The MBAs were being reported available at many different stores at that point, which is why I took my chance.

[edit]
    I pointed out that I went just before closing time because the $1649 model had just been added to stock while I was there.