How fast is the iphone 5 for those without LTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Sep 21, 2012.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Just wondering how fast it is compared to the 4S for those who don't have LTE.People are talking about the huge speed improvement but is this due to only LTE? how much faster is it on wifi and 3G?

2. dannyhex macrumors regular

def speed improvement. but super depressing i dont have 4g lte.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah it sucks

I'm on vodafone and won't have it a all on this phone :mad:

4. yearziro macrumors member

yearziro

i dont have lte in my home area with att but i get around 5mbs download from att HSPA+ which was about what i was getting with verizon LTE when they first flipped the LTE switch though in my area (Verizon i was getting 17mbs) but then it dropped to around 7mb so im still happy

5. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

Fast and I hope you realize for basic web surfing that LTE makes no difference. I rather have a wifi connection with 19ms ping versus LTE. I want solid stable connection and don't need full speed at all times. I need a solid 5-10mbps and I will be happy. Give me a PIECE OF SHI_T 4s and i will throw it out the window. The processor on the 5 makes a world of a difference and process the pages extremely quick. THe internet speed is one thing but if your processor can't spit everything out instant than that is your bottleneck. I can tell you for a fact that the processor is not the bottle neck in this new version. Get a solid connection with extremely low ping and 5mbps at all times. You will love the 5 and never even look back at that clunky, heavy, slow and bulky 4s........

6. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

excellent thanks. Will be upgrading soon so wanted to see how much quicker it is without LTE. Is Siri instant, same with apps i'm guessing.

7. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

Love the size of the lighting connector and just had to say it. The speed of camera is amazing and will ensure you get plenty of shots and choose the best. Apps load up quicker and truly feels like the iphone 5 is the effect of adding a SSD to a old computer that runs a mechanical disk. The iphone 5 is instant and snappy with no delay. The 4s had to pause for milliseconds where the 5 never pauses.......

8. yearziro macrumors member

yearziro

it doesnt matter how fast your phone or internet is if the server is being pounded your going to lag