How fast would the rebate from the free iPod come back when buying a MB?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ryuukumori, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

So I just wanted to know how long it takes to get the rebate money back from the iPod with the student promo going on right now (preferably the Touch). I have heard crap about rebates in general, but maybe Apple is different. Ideas?

Also, if anyone knows, how long with the $100 printer rebate? Thanks for the help.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Apple has some nice PDFs on this subject.

Your mileage may vary.

3. Ryuukumori thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, so while reading the terms and conditions, I did learn you have to claim your rebate by October 15, 2008.

Has anyone in the past had problems with claiming his or her rebate, by means of proof, waiting, etc?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Basically, there's a rebate form to fill out, you send it in with a copy of the receipt and a corner of the MB box with the SN, Model #, and what not. Mine took about 21 days (August '07) from the time I sent it in and my depositing the check at my bank. I received a MB, AppleCare for $183, iPod 80GB ($349) Black/Video, and $100 edu discount, and $199 rebate check. I ended up paying $150 plus tax for a $349 iPod. It was worth the wait. :p

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Like most rebates, if you count/bank on getting it, karma will bite you in the ass.

Consider it a bonus, and not a get out of jail free card for the credit card.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

This subject came up last year, and i have to say this was the best experience i had with a rebate. Both my printer and ipod rebate came within 3 weeks. Much better than close to a year. Just follow directions and you will be fine.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well said! I remember all the REBATE? threads during the iPod specials, and there were a bunch of MR Members that kept getting the run-around for sending in the wrong items or not sending in correct items. This usually delayed their rebate about 3-4 weeks, as I remember. :(