How fast would you go tru ur 2GBs with 4G LTE now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antifeik, Sep 15, 2012.

1. antifeik macrumors regular

antifeik

Now that the iphone 5 will have 4g LTE, how fast would you go tru ur 2gbs:eek:? I mean, will be just using the same gbs as if you have 3g?

2. Baldilocks macrumors member

Only if you plan on downloading more. If not, it should be identical.

3. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

According to rootmetrics..LTE users consume 50% more data.

Attached Files:

4. Baldilocks macrumors member

Because they think they have all that speed they can stream movies, music, etc.. 24 hours a day.
    I don't plan on using mine any differently.

5. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

I'm on LTE with my android phone using about 1.7 gb a month, similar to what I used on my 4s. So unless you drastically change the way you use data, it should stay the same. Once I get my iphone 5, I expect to continue the same usage, and hopefully I'll never hit the 5gb ceiling ATT set for its LTE users.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Depends how you use your device. A 1MB web page will still be 1MB. A 5 min youtube video will still be 5 mins.

I can see my browsing going up as pages load faster, but typically after the first page a lot of the images and such are cached.

Unless you start watching a ton of youtube videos and such I don't see a cause for using much more data.

Best sort of comparison I can think of is a debit card vs cash. If you follow the same format your spending would be the same. Debit is faster in many cases and more convenient though so the potential to overspend is greater.

7. rocksyoursock macrumors regular

rocksyoursock

For streaming video like Netflix and Hulu and streaming audio, don't they use a higher bitrate depending on your connection speed? Like why streaming video looks way better on wifi than 3G. The same thing applied to my 4G android phone when I had it - in 4G mode the bitrate was higher so the video size was larger. So watching an identical video will use more data on 4G than 3G. Other than that though everything will be the same.

8. gottafly macrumors regular

A fellow up question along the same vein....

If the new LTE cap will be 5GB, but there is no LTE in my area, does that mean I will be able to use the full 5GB on 4G/3G ? In other words, is the data usage limit specific to the connection speed or to the account in general?

9. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

It's simple really... if you dont want to burn through your data, DON'T stream movies/music and you'll be fine :)