How hard/easy is it to change the screen/back of an iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by black iphone, Jan 14, 2010.

1. black iphone macrumors newbie

I bought a 3g 8gb iphone with a cracked screen for fairly cheap and I want to see if I can fix it up. I'm thinking of ordering the parts on ebay and fixing it up myself. My friend tried changing the back on his iphone and messed up but he knows how to do it properly now. Is it a fairly easy thing to do?

2. Fitchkid92 macrumors newbie

I really wouldn't recommend you to replace the back of an iPhone, It has screwed up my wifi antenna and home button:(, instead let a professional do it.

As to the screen it's pretty simple so you shouldn't have any trouble just look for tutorials online.

3. thecoolone1 macrumors regular

If you're going to do it then have patience and read alot of tutorials and some videos on youtube. I have replaced a couple myself and haven't messed anything up but it takes time, so know what you're doing first.

4. Fitchkid92 macrumors newbie

True. My first attempt was a complete FAIL, so as thecoolone1 said you must have a lot of patience! and know what you are doing.