How hard is it to get a replacement or refund of 2016 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Super Xander, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Super Xander macrumors regular

Super Xander

Hello
    I'm thinking about putting my MacBook Pro TB to service for third time due to sticky keys. I've heard that the third time you can get a replacement or money back instead? But are you going through a lot of test and acceptance through Apple when you ask for it, or is it just like the service? How does it work?

Really appreciate, need help it as fast as possible please

2. negativzero macrumors 6502

There is no money back.
    As for replacements, that's at the discretion of the AppleCare staff. Mine was changed after 3 major repairs, I'm not sure yours counts as major.

3. Super Xander thread starter macrumors regular

Super Xander

Well, it just sounds sounds like everyone gets and have no problems with getting returns and money back? Should I convince the Apple staff or how?

4. ilikewhey macrumors 6502

i think you would have a easier time getting a replacement and thn selling it than trying to convince them to give you money back, cause i never heard of apple giving refunds outside of 14 days.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've never heard of apple giving your money back after 14 days. I think they'll continue to repair, and at some point replace the laptop if the issue continues.

6. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

if they haven't they will replace the top cover assembly, keyboard included.

After three major repairs and If this was the Fourth repair they might offer another machine.
    Your Mileage May Vary
    Be Humble ask for help to resolve this issue

7. joefoong79 macrumors regular

You are likely stuck with the repair. Apple will keep fixing it if you past 14 days return period. 3 fix to get a new one is a myth. Totally up to the Apple Store manager will likely not happen. Just fixed and sell it on eBay.

8. PBG4 Dude, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017

PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

New unit after 3 failures of same component will get you a new Apple laptop. It's posted in their policies.

Never mind this. I know it used to be listed but I cannot find this verbiage in the current online warranty document on Apple's website.

9. negativzero macrumors 6502

Mine wasn't 3 failures on the same component. Rather, every single component in the laptop failed by the third repair. Got a new MacBook after that