How hard is it to switch iPhones between 2 people?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheRock88, Oct 28, 2012.

1. TheRock88 macrumors member

Backstory, I preordered a Black 32GB Verizon iPhone 5 at my workplace about a month ago and waited and waited and they never got it in.

So I picked up White 32GB Verizon iPhone from an Apple store about a week and a half ago back. I'm currently on my brother's data sharing plan. I was kinda hoping to land a black one but had to settle for the white but now my coworker said my workplace just got it in and he's gonna pick up the one I originally preordered and asked if I wanted to switch with him (he doesnt like the black and would rather get a white). So the question is how hard/what are the steps to transfer all the info from my iPhone to a brand new iPhone? Can I transfer my number and everything?

2. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I don't have Verizon so you might want to call to confirm this but it should be easy to do. You will want to back up your current iPhone 5 then do a restore as new phone. Give that phone to your co worker and take his black iPhone 5. Call Verizon and tell them you will be using a new iPhone 5 on your account and give them the IMEI # so they can activate it. This will deactivate your white iPhone 5. Your co worker would then do the same with your old phone. Then restore your new black iPhone from your backup and you should be good. Again you might want to verify that with Verizon but I think thats how it would go. Good Luck!!