How hard would it be to take the connection off my Blackberry Pearl?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by LoganT, Jan 17, 2008.

1. LoganT macrumors 68020

Is this possible in any way? Basically I want to use my BB Pearls EDGE connection on my iPod touch.

2. br1anc macrumors regular

so you want to use your Blackberry as your Wi-Fi router thingy? i was wondering that as well.

3. LoganT thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah kind of like use the Blackberry as an AD-Hoc. Kind of like Internet sharing in Mac.

4. br1anc macrumors regular

yeah i have no idea how to do that if you can.

5. efedor macrumors regular

I have a cheap ass palm centro and It DOES let me share the signal. Google it up or contact blueberry.

6. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

are you crazy? you can't use a blackberry as a wireless router. NOT POSSIBLE. all you can do is tether it to your laptop and get internet access with it.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I'm with above post, I work with a UK operator and part of my work involves dealing with orders for blackberrys and yep what your suggesting is deffinately not possible.

8. LoganT thread starter macrumors 68020

He says he can do it with his Palm Centro, why not Blackberry Pearl?

9. br1anc macrumors regular

because they're different

10. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

11. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

unfortunately the touch dos not have blue tooth so the only way you can share your edge or evdo connection is to share it through a mac by sharing blue tooth to your airport connections. I beleive there was a wireless g adapter card for some of the treos but I'm not sure about any blackberries.

I really hope someone will build a blue tooth adapter that will connect to through :) and support dun. I would buy it in a second !

12. efedor macrumors regular

Yea thats what I dont get, How can they make a bluetooth that sends the audio
    signal via bluetooth(wireless headphones motorola,jabra) but they CANT make a bluetooth that acceps signal and then transfers it to wi-fi??? If someone builds this they will be rich.

13. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

seems like it could work. A hack is probably the only thing that will do it though.

14. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Pretty much any WM6 PDA phone and the Tmobile DASH can do this, from what I've read. So it possible, just a matter of whether the Pearl will let you configure it properly or not; I've not read anything one way or the other about that particular device. Does it have wifi? That would be the bare minimum first requirement.