How has your iPhone 5 experience been so far?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixroqu3, Sep 23, 2012.

1. felixroqu3 macrumors regular

felixroqu3

I Upgraded from a 4 and so far i really like it*except maps of course*. Do you like yours?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Hardware is awesome except for the horrible QA. I got a scratch on the band right out of the box. Got a replacement which also had scratches.

Other than that it is one hell of a phone. Software is the same, so I've no comments to add in that regard.

4. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

My iPhone 5 experience has been simply amazing! I went two weeks with a dumb phone after selling my iPhone 4 and it was great getting a beauty in return. I love it!

5. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

I'm loving it. It screams "let me stay naked". Love the light feeling. Have one teeny tiny mark on the band that I had to search for to see. No big deal. I'm keeping it.

6. mariapplesauce macrumors member

i love it so much. the last iphone i had was the first gen and i upgraded to the 5 from a droid x.

7. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

The phone is amazingly fast, especially coming from an iPhone 4. On the 4, sometimes it takes 4-5 second for the phone just to lock after I press the lock button. Scrolling is smoother all over. Can't say enough about Verizon coverage and LTE speed. So glad I switched from AT&T. And panorama, quality is amazing!

8. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Crazy light. Crazy thin. Crazy fast. I'm loving it!

9. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Love it. Insanely fast. Can't stop draining the battery.

10. guinnkevinr macrumors newbie

I love the larger screen. 4 inch is the sweet spot. Fast os.
    Maps messed me up last night a couple times on my drive.
    My phone came with a couple minor scratches but I'm cool with it cause of how great it is.

11. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Jumped ship to an S3 as I thought it wasn't going to be much of an upgrade this year. Came running back and it's knocked me for six.

Best phone I've ever owned. One tiny TINY nick in the chamfered edge but it's only visible in certain light so I'm not worried. Got off very lightly compared to other people!:apple::apple::apple:

12. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I am really loving it coming from my iPhone 4. What has surprised me the most is how often I actually use Siri. I use headphones a lot and its so easy to use Siri while wearing them. The added movie and sports functionality is nice to. I am always looking up movie info. The new headphones are actually comfortable and sound good. The camera quality continues to blow me away, along with the speed. Every time I pick it up I love how light it feels; I couldn't imagine having a big bulky case on it. It would ruin the experience. That being said, I am being super careful about handling this iPhone.

The only downside so far is a lot of the apps have not been optimized yet but it's understandable. It's only been two days and since all the devs are awaiting Apples approval it's going to take a few weeks. Nothing too major. What I am anxiously awaiting is the Google Maps app.

13. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Love it. Liking it more and more. I love how light and small it is despite a good size screen. It's such a change from a buggy cheaply built HTC thunderbolt that weighted a ton and was huge. I can't imagine using an s3 as a phone. I have an iPad if I want a tablet. I forgot that you can use the iPhone with one hand. Not possible with the lead weight thunderbolt.
    And it's such a relief to go to a platform that actually works. The android phones I've had had lots of promise that always fell short due to buggy software and just general lack of finishing the job.

14. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I don't look up sports scores anymore, I just ask Siri to do it for me.

15. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Such a nice feature.

16. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Agree completely. Siri has been really fun. I love asking Siri to navigate me somewhere. I'm actually liking the new map app. Turn by turn is a big improvement.
    I got the rocket ship clear case from best buy. . Doesn't cover up the gorgeous phone.
    The camera is really good. Great low light shots. Video is very smooth. Image stabilization is great. Thunderbolt camera had good specs but performed atrociously. Video was a joke. Could take a still in a pinch.
    I absolutely love the auto brightness on the display. It's perfect. Every device I've ever had does it wrong. Apple finally got it right. I never want to adjust the brightness. On every phone and iPad I've owned I'm always adjusting the brightness.
    I love the keyboard. Even on the thunderbolts huge screen, I couldn't type predictably. I had given up typing in the phone. Don't why it was so bad. I think poor touch accuracy. I can type wicked fast on the iPhone.