How I lucked out getting my iPhone 5S & iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skylarbrenden, Oct 20, 2013.

1. skylarbrenden macrumors member

Well, as you know, it's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get the newest iPhone within the first weeks that it is released. I called many, many places and of course, they all said that they were sold out.

I even put in a reservation at target for the iPhone 5S off-contract on the Sprint network. A couple days after it launched, I still hadn't heard anything from Target. So, I gave them a call, and they informed me that they haven't got the iPhone 5C or iPhone 5S at all yet. I was also the first on the reservation list, by the way.

So, I decided to call some more, because it couldn't hurt. I called my local T-Mobile store (I was thinking about getting T-Mobile or renewing my Sprint contract), and asked if they had any in stock. Surprisingly, they said they did! So I drove there as fast as I could. When I got there, I asked for the phone and they got it out the back and started the checkout process.

She told me that today was my lucky day, as they didn't even know they had any left. Somehow, they lost this phone, and were about to mark it as missing/damaged in their inventory. She said that about an hour before I called, they found it in the back placed in a box for the iPhone 5S cases. Weird.

This also happened to me when I went to get my iPhone 5 on Sprint last year. I knew they had to all be sold out. So, anyhow, while my mom was in Starbucks, I decided to browse around the Sprint store. I, just like this time, asked if they had any iPhone 5's left (I mean it couldn't hurt to ask, right?). She told me to wait a second while she checked. She came back and said 'yup, we have one more left. A 16GB white and silver one.' Apparently, the phone was being put on hold for someone, but they didn't show up to pick it up within their 48 hour deadline. So, they gave it up to me.

I find this incredible. Lol.

2. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Any iPhone on Sprint around where I live is the most UNwanted iPhone there is. Plenty to be had because the Sprint network is the worst thing since smoke signals.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Dude, don't talk crap about smoke signals like that :mad:

4. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

LOL, that cracked me up seriously. Thanks, I needed a laugh.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

:cool: story bro.

I don't see why all the hype... so you got an iPhone a month after they were announced?

I ordered one on launch day and it came in the mail and then 4 days later I took it to apple returned it and bought a new one that they had in stock.

I don't see the big deal (unless you're overseas)

6. skylarbrenden thread starter macrumors member

Actually i didn't say a month..... It was a few days after it was released for both the 5 and 5S... and that's REALLY lucky.... Seeing as how even the BLACK models were selling a thousand dollars on eBay, and a gold one sold for $10,000.

Huge deal, lol. And that's really lucky.

You ordered one on launch day, before it sold out. Duh you're going to get one.

----------

Lol i hear ya! but believe it or not, where I live, in Hampton, VA (right next to Virginia Beach) it's the most wanted. Well, I shouldn't say most wanted, but it's the one that sells out the quickest because for some odd reason EVERYONE around here has Sprint. You go up to 5 people and 4 of them will have Sprint. And, I don't see why as their service even sucks here. I have T-Mobile and I get better signal here than I did with Sprint.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

let me guess you got lucky to find a space grey tmobile?

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Glad I could help.... usually I'm pissing someone off so I'm happy to be a force for good :)