How I pre-ordered my iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lienhart, Sep 19, 2013.

1. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I've been reading on the forums that Target and Radioshack have been allowing 5S preorders. Skeptical, I called up and they confirmed that you can pre-order AND use a cross upgrade for it. Just pre-ordered a Gold 32gb in store to pick up day of launch :D Just letting everyone know that it's possible and I personally think it's best since not many people know that Radioshack will be selling (even though I don't really feel super comfortable getting it from them.)

2. FooArk macrumors 6502

Dude, this happened last year... and people waited weeks- months cause those stores got such low supply

3. user-name-here, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

user-name-here macrumors 65816

They allow reservations (if they get enough in stock), not pre-orders. Big difference.

4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

the 32gb and 64gb are usually easier to get because most people don't buy or can offord those models.I preordered mine at a unofficial At&t store

5. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Good luck, read another forum where one guys radio shack said they got no 5S's and have read that only Apple stores will have gold, but they only have a very minimal amount. Rooting for you though!

6. lienhart thread starter macrumors 6502

lienhart

Thank you! I know that Verizon stores have it in gold though, I asked the woman who worked there and she checked for me. I'm really hoping I'm able to get one!

7. andyjam macrumors regular

Apple adjusts the number of devices they supply accordingly - most stores will get a stack of 16GB models and only a few 32/64GB so sometimes it's actually around the other way.

8. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I "reserved" a 64g 5s at 2 radio shacks. Both people I talked to were not very optimistic about a 64g being available. The first guy asked me which one, a 16 or 32. I said, no, a 64. A few moments of silence and then... "Oh, that might be hard".

9. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I would have to put a bag over my head before I walked into a RadioShack!:p

10. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

haha why? I got a wii u, xbox one, ps3, iphone 4s,iphone 5 (for brothers bday with his upgrade),iphone 5s day 1 guaranteed because no one thinks of going there !!!!

That and Radio shack sometimes has a deal that they will wave activation fee

11. rangrbob macrumors member

I work at Radio Shack we have been informed to let pre-order customers know we will not have any 5S stock available for ATT on launch day. I would only expect one or two units per store on average for the other carriers. Some will get more some won't get any for a month or more.

12. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

My reservation/pre-order from Target is ready for pick up tomorrow morning.

I got on the list early and it paid off.

13. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

this makes no sense. isn't it all the same model now.

14. MarcRRT macrumors member

Did you get email finally or did you call them and set up your pick up? I'm first on the list at my target.

15. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

So im assuming you got the confirmation email from Target and they gave you call?

16. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

I called them once I received the email to make an appointment.

----------

I got my email around 1 pm today.

17. NickG420 macrumors regular

NickG420

Screen Print of the email or I'm calling BS....I am first on the list at my Target too in a pretty big suburb of Atlanta and I have not received a word. In fact I was told they were not even sure they would receive any at all...

18. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

Why would he need to screen print I believe him. Some stores get their shipments in early.

19. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Target

Not a "true" pre order, IMHO, at Target. They are letting you "reserve" an iPhone but your name is not attached to it. According to the mobile rep, they will receive their stock based on these numbers. They will email you when they come in (perhaps not even on launch day) and then you can call them before heading over to pick it up.

On the target "pre order" form it states:
    *Our available inventory is likely to be claimed quickly. We encourage you to call as soon as your receive your email notification to schedule an appointment to pick up your new phone."

20. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Will when I get home...

21. thecurryman macrumors 6502

well good luck! the radioshack i "preordered" actually had my phone in on release day!

22. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

GL on getting it release day (sincerely though), that is all. :)

23. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I was 1 of 2 who got the 5 from RS on release day.Others who had reserved waited at least a week,some longer.

24. rangrbob macrumors member

Yes, but I think you're forgetting about carrier locking.