How in do I listen to my music in my car?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quadchick10, Jun 7, 2011.

1. quadchick10 macrumors regular

quadchick10

I was always able to plug in my iPhone and listen to my music. Now, Apple has disabled that function and I can only listen to my music via the car's bluetooth, not speakers. Would it be in settings?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Apple hasn't disabled that feature. I can still plug in my iPhone 4 to my car and listen to audio through the speakers.

3. quadchick10 thread starter macrumors regular

quadchick10

I apologize. I should have been more informative. I was not using the headphone jack, I was using an av input. I could listen to my music and charge my iphone with this wonderful cable. Now, I cannot.

4. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

'AV Input' is a generic term and can mean a lot of different things.

What connector were you using before?

5. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

the USB connection should still work. What kind of head unit are you using?

6. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

I have no problem with the USB connection on my iP4. :cool:

7. Centient macrumors 6502

Does the phone still charge when it's plugged in?

Does the music play through your iPhone (can you hear it coming out of your phone) when you plug it into the stereo?

Have you synched your phone to your car stereo via bluetooth yet?

Not sure what you mean by listen via bluetooth, but not through the speakers? Your stereo is connected to the speakers and you should be able to hear music streamed through it regardless of whether you're using the AV or bluetooth connection to do so.

8. quadchick10, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011

quadchick10 thread starter macrumors regular

quadchick10

I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. It worked yesterday. When I play my music, there are two options that popped up this morning: IPhone or Handsfree. This option wasn't there yesterday.

Yes, it plays through my Iphone's speakers and I have paired my car's bluetooth with my Iphone 4, but for some reason this morning the music plays through the car's bluetooth, not the car's speakers. It somes horrible. I have more brand new av cables laying around, I will try another one and hopefully it will work properly.

9. Centient macrumors 6502

I suspect this is more of a hardware issue related to the cables going bad, and/or a problem with the AV jack in your car stereo. Try new a cable with your iPhone, and if you have another MP3, iPod, etc... you can try plugging it into your car stereo via AV cables to see if you get any sound.

Good luck. :)

10. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

So your streaming your music from your iphone to your car by bluetooth now? There should be an option in the car to go to the usb port and listen that way.

My toyota has tabs and i can either hit the BT tab or when its pluged in via USB i can use that tab.

11. seajay96 macrumors 6502

As mentioned, it's probably a hardware issue somewhere between the 30-pin port and your stereo...

however, it's possible that it is a software issue if you upgraded iOS overnight; did you upload anything to the phone? iOS 5 beta?

12. quadchick10 thread starter macrumors regular

quadchick10

No, I did not upload the iOS5 beta...I am not that brave:) I went out for lunch and now everything is working properly. That option that popped up this morning on my Iphone screen is no longer there. I don't know if it is brand car stereo or the cable. I am going to give it another week and see what happens. I can always take the car to Mitsubishi, but that would be such a hassle. Thank you so much for your help:)

13. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

Using the jack on my car, starting to become deaf due to loud and high quality speakers xD

14. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

I hope you aren't playing regular mp3's on high quality speakers.