How is 12.9 for typing in portrait mode while resting it on knees while you are laying down?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pruppert, Jun 13, 2017.

1. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

I'm considering getting a 12.9 and wondering if anyone can say if it is easy/comfortable to type on the software keyboard while in portrait mode while laying down in bed/couch with the iPad resting on your propped up knees.

Seems like it would work, but just curious if anyone routinely does this and how natural it feels.

2. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

No never tried it before but I am more comfortable with it on the table/desk. Sorry.

3. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

I do just this all the time, but in landscape.

4. pruppert thread starter macrumors 6502

pruppert

Alright thanks. Wondered about portrait so more view of content. Good to hear it is comfortable in landscape too.

5. Jasmynp macrumors 6502

Jasmynp

I find it comfortable. The switch between landscape and portrait. Be clear, it's huge and unwieldy, but still awesome.

6. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

This is a great question.

I spend a lot of my time in the house on my iPad with my iPhone on charge. Therefore my iPad is my primary messaging device at home.

It's simple with the split screen on the 9.7". Is it easy enough reaching the keys while holding the device in both hands? I understand everyone's hands are different sizes but in general terms?

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I've had no issues with the 12.9 with smart keyboard on my lap personally.