iPhone 11 Pro How is 64gb on iPhone 11 Pro treating you?

Ungibbed

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2010
USA
Isn’t that the same for Apple when it comes to the Face ID technology they incorporated with the iPhone X or Touch ID with the iPhone 5S? That level of security and seamless integration with payment system didn’t exist before that in consumer smartphones. All previous implementations by other companies were flawed. So when it comes to pricing I suppose apple was fine to charge whatever they wanted. Why’s it when Apple does something there’s always criticism and when others do it, it’s fine?!
Where in my post was I criticizing Apple? Sheez...

Reactions: ilikewhey

Peepo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I use my 11 Pro Max for all sorts of things and rely on it for work. I have 147gb free of 256gb. Considering the price difference when paying this much for a pro iPhone, it is a good investment to get 256gb. I don’t want to be limited and worry about storage and change my workflow.

Reactions: Kataran

FlippyGonnaSnap

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2019
Still got 35GB free.

In terms of content I’ve got four pages of app with some heavy games and a few shows from Amazon Prime Video which i swap out regularly. 64gb is fine for me.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2019
Singapore
64GB should be enough with a good data plan and 4G network. Personally I prefer 256GB because I don't have free Apple Music on my data plan so I load up a fraction of my library for offline listening.

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Well, I went for 256GB this time around, but for the past couple of years I was managing quite happily with my 64GB iPhone X. Towards the end, I was getting close to filling it up, though I could have clawed back a fair chunk of space by offloading apps and games I didn’t really use.

My documents are all stored in the cloud for easy access between devices, or on a flash drive if I need to for whatever reason. My music is streamed - bar some I store locally just in case I’m offline. Photos are set to optimise storage and so on and so on.

Really it comes down to your use case, can you manage with the cloud and streaming and so on, or do you need lots of files locally because of data plan or coverage. Do you install a lot of apps and games, without bothering about maintenance of ones you don’t use anymore.

For what it’s worth, of my 256GB in my new iPhone Pro Max, I’m using just under 30GB so far....So, yeah, money well spent - don’t tell the wife :p

GrandCiel

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2019
I have 256GB and wonder if I should have gone for the 512GB. I only have 110GB left and I haven’t finished adding the rest of my Music and have Terabytes of images of which I may add some favorites.

I am a bit of an audiophile and not much for streaming or even playing music over Bluetooth. I plan to have my entire Music collection saved in iTunes and save all the files in Apple Lossless, a lossless format that retains the full quality of the uncompressed audio. This takes up a lot more storage space than Apple’s default AAC, Apple’s MP4. MP3 is the most common and both are lossy compressed formats. Apple Lossless allows me to convert back and forth between other lossless formats like WAV and never lose any data, allowing playback identical to the original ripped CD.

I realize I am a dying breed. I found a CD the other day and asked my Son if it was his, I am not a big Rap fan, he answered yes followed by, “I haven’t seen a CD in nearly a decade”. Streaming Spotify is good enough for him. Once I rip a CD I don’t really use them again either but I like as high a resolution as possible and might try some high resolution streaming service but prefer to own the music files and have the backup.

Many won’t hear any difference between MP3, AAC and Apple Lossless, especially if you stream and use wireless and portable speakers and headsets. I use external DAC’s, even in my car, so I can take full advantage of the lossless files on quality playback systems and headphones. The iPhone is a convenient device to use as the source for CD quality music playback. My external DAC’s support direct iPhone Lightning to USB connections for music playback.

While many may not notice the difference in sound quality, I’ll have file’s I can convert at any time in the future to lossless or Lossy and never need to rip my CDs again.

Reactions: Kataran

Damon2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
I’m currently using 43GB of 64GB, after moving from a 128GB 7.

I also have a 256GB here as well unopened, considering sending back 64GB and keeping the 256.

I’m unsure, I got a discount on the 256 but could potentially get the same if I sent it back and re bought 64.

How much do you 64GB users typically have free?

scotsmandc

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015
I’m at 33gb of my 64gb. More than enough for me.

Don’t let anymore one up here convince you to get more than you need. Just go off your previous usage. If 64gb was fine for you in the past, then it’ll be fine for you this time around.
It really depends on ones usage really. I’ve always shared the same thoughts as you but currently at this moment, I am travelling for 2 weeks. I’m at about 40gb/64gb and half way through my trip. With the new iPhone pro, I started using it as my main camera for videos and pictures. The quality exceeds my expectations. The problem now is yes iCloud works great if you have good wifi access. Travel is not the case. I’m in Egypt right now and the wifi is generally terrible. I’m unable to upload to the cloud during my vacation so I’m limited to my phones storage right now. I’m definitely going to get the 256 option the next time I upgrade.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
There’s no answer to this. People use their devices differently and for different purposes.

- If one is within the reach of good WiFi and is paying for iCloud storage then worrying about usage is a moot point as iOS will keep pushing content to iCloud automatically when it chooses to free up device storage.

- if one is not on cloud and uses their device minimally then they might have very less device storage used.

You get the point.

Reactions: BeeGood

UBS28

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2012
Respect to those who can manage 64 gb storage.

I got my iPhone 11 yesterday and it is already at 100gb of usage. And this is without any music or videos.

Damon2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2016
There’s no answer to this. People use their devices differently and for different purposes.

- If one is within the reach of good WiFi and is paying for iCloud storage then worrying about usage is a moot point as iOS will keep pushing content to iCloud automatically when it chooses to free up device storage.

- if one is not on cloud and uses their device minimally then they might have very less device storage used.

You get the point.
Tbh thats true.

I'm sat here currently with 42GB/64GB used, wondering If It will get me through at least 2 years.
I could clear 10GB by removing downloaded Spotify downloads, which I mainly did simply because I could on my 128GB 7.

Decisions Decisions, got another week to decide.

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Tbh thats true.

I'm sat here currently with 42GB/64GB used, wondering If It will get me through at least 2 years.
I could clear 10GB by removing downloaded Spotify downloads, which I mainly did simply because I could on my 128GB 7.

Decisions Decisions, got another week to decide.
I always stream my music and download only when I know I’m gonna be on long flight.

JagRunner

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2018
Houston,Texas
I decided to download my music on Spotify because my reception at work sucks and I still have 36GB free. I guess I don't use as much space as most people on here.

What in the world do you have on your phone that takes up 100GB?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G4
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I guess it depends on how you use your phone. I’m using 113GB of my 256GB 11 pro max. I have Apple Music but I like to keep my music store locally on my phone. I do have the 2TB iCloud storage plan for my photos and I have unlimited data. This works well for me.

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
Decided on 256 because if I go on Vacation (especially out of the country when data is $$$$) I don't want to drag a laptop with me to offload pics & videos. In that instance- 64 would never be enough.

Reactions: ilikewhey

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
Decided on 256 because if I go on Vacation (especially out of the country when data is $$$$) I don't want to drag a laptop with me to offload pics & videos. In that instance- 64 would never be enough.
Yeah I get that. Most places I travel to always seem to have decent wifi connection so my iCloud backup with optimised storage just work fine.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
I’m currently using 43GB of 64GB, after moving from a 128GB 7.

I also have a 256GB here as well unopened, considering sending back 64GB and keeping the 256.

I’m unsure, I got a discount on the 256 but could potentially get the same if I sent it back and re bought 64.

53GB.

aakshey

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2016
I just ordered one and wondering if I should have opted for a 256.

Anyone finding they fill it up too quick with 4K movies? Or is it totally fine.

Got a window in which to upgrade till tomorrow basically so just wondering peoples experience
With 4K videos you’re better off with 256 GB unless you’re keeping it all in the cloud.
- - Post merged: - -

With 4K videos you’re better off with 256 GB unless you’re keeping it all in the cloud.
I have a 64 GB X and I use like 17-27 GB at a time. Usually under 23 GB. Almost always well under 30 GB. These days under 20 GB.

5x10

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2018
About 29gb, have about 10 mins of 1080 videos of kids performances
ill just export to my TB drive and delete to make more room if I plan on taking a4k video

snd these 4K videos look fantastic