How is an on contract iphone being unlocked?

jkeating2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
First off, I am fully aware of all of the iPhone unlock services on eBay and around the web.

My question is, HOW IS IT BEING DONE?

I have a Business Account with 5 line with AT&T and they wouldn't unlock my 4S.

I also have a lot of people calling and visiting my iPhone repair store to get thier phones unlocked.

I would like to offer them this service, but i cant figure out how it is being done.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
basically there are certain people who have access to the apple servers, imei numbers are then submitted to these servers and go from a black list to a white list. primarily as I understand it, there a few inside att employees who have access and provide to these resellers

Comment

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
basically there are certain people who have access to the apple servers, imei numbers are then submitted to these servers and go from a black list to a white list. primarily as I understand it, there a few inside att employees who have access and provide to these resellers
If this is true though what these employees and unlockers are doing is illegal. I would think that at&t would have been able to stop this already if this was the case. I am not sure how the are doing it but if there is anything illegal going on it probably won't last long and will end with people going to jail. I mean I wouldn't think it would be to hard to track these guys down through ebay.

Comment

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
its no different than calling att and telling them verizon has their i5 unlocked do mine or i might switch and they do it, look it is what it is most people unlock for international reasons cause it would not matter in the fact we are all on a contract

Comment

rman726

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
A while back I tried calling and getting it unlocked, and they wouldn't do it. But a couple weeks ago, after they went to the online request form, I got approved.

Comment

jkeating2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Why not use one of the eBay sellers?
Get the unlock for $9 and charge them whatever you want for being the middle man. Something like $30-40
This is what I have been doing but some people have been complaining of the price...so I was wondering if there was a more direct way.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
This is what I have been doing but some people have been complaining of the price...so I was wondering if there was a more direct way.
There's always going to be people complaining about the price no matter what.
Do what you need to do in order to make some money and to be worth your time and effort. Nothing is free.
If they can get it cheaper they won't come to you and complain, they will just get it elsewhere. There's cheap people and those who always complain in general.

Comment

jkeating2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I guess so, I have been purchasing off one eBay seller for 10 days now and have sent him at least 80 imei numbers. Hopefully he can give me some kind of discount

----------

There's always going to be people complaining about the price no matter what.
Do what you need to do in order to make some money and to be worth your time and effort. Nothing is free.
If they can get it cheaper they won't come to you and complain, they will just get it elsewhere. There's cheap people and those who always complain in general.

This I know. Lol. My favorite thing as a business owner is when people come In talking about how it's so much cheaper on the Internet.

Comment